apple quality control is messed up big time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hollowplayer, Sep 30, 2016.

1. hollowplayer macrumors regular

since iphone 7 has buzzing noise during video recording i switched to SE instead. The first one microphone is defective, store exchanged right away however the second one has whole row of dead pixels on the left side of the screen. With this kind of defective rate, how apple stay in profit mode for so long.

2. gaymerraver macrumors member

gaymerraver

Dont get first batches of technolgy then, its pretty simple.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

On the scale of millions upon millions of produced and sold devices it's likely that the rate is not that high and basically within typical ranges of something that is mass produced.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Apple QA may cost Apple a lot in a long run. People are just still waiting, wishing new one could be, even marginally better.

5. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

He's talking about defects in his SE. Hardly a "first batch" item.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Old news, happens at every Apple's launch.

I agree with the tip above, you gamble in hassle of returning, for being first adopter.

7. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Do you have any idea how many iPhones are sold daily, in all variations? So what, you had two defective SE iPhones. You had some unfortunate purchases. But what about the millions of iPhones sold annually with out issues or bein returned. My point is, Technology and hardware are not perfect. But don't make Apple by stating 'How does Apple Stay in profit for his long.'

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Truthfully the first report I've read about the SE having dead pixels. Actually, that's an issue that seems incredibly rare since the 3g era. Unfortunate you had a bad time. I haven't had issues since the 3G myself.

9. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Perfect iPhone SE here not even a single issue encountered since three months of purchase

10. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

11. sdwaltz macrumors 6502

I love Apple. I love what they are and I love their products. However, you're kidding yourself if you say their quality is on par with what they were releasing 5 years ago.

Apple still makes the highest quality products in the tech industry, but they're still not what they once were.

12. appleincognito macrumors member

Their QC has been in the toilet since the iPhone 6. I had multiple units purchased months after release with dead pixels and screens that would pop out. Same story with the 6s with dust and dead pixels under the display. iPhone 7 has a gap at the top of the phone and buzzing in recorded videos. Disappointing.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you look through the forums there are always similar type of complaints going way back, before iPhone 6, and even 5, and with things other than iPhones.