Apple question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

OK.

My one of my iPhones got a broken screen (some drunken idiot decided to throw a rock at it when they was drunk...;-/)

I replaced the screen on the phone, however now they'res no hope, the LCD does not turn, but it does however work with iTunes, I can see my iPhone in iTunes but I cannot see the screen.

question: Would I beable to replace the phone at the bar?

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I'm sure they'll swap it out for a fee - I think it's $199 for a broken screen but I could be wrong.

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

"Apple's Limited Warranty for iPhone excludes coverage for damage resulting from accident, disassembly, unauthorized service and unauthorized modifications. Please review the warranty for further details."

If you were hoping for a free replacement iPhone from Apple, sorry, no such luck. Even though it was the drunk guy's fault, it's still not gonna change things in the eyes of Apple. Accidental damage is accidental damage, so no free replacement.

However, it does qualify for the Out-of-Warranty Service.

iPhone 3GS Out-of-Warranty Service
    16GB & 32GB = $199

iPhone 3G Out-of-Warranty Service
    8GB, 16GB = $199

Original iPhone Out-of-Warranty Service
    4GB, 8GB & 16GB = $199

As long as you haven't done any physical modifications to your iPhone, like modifying parts inside or removing hardware, or damaged your iPhone to the extent of it being in several parts, you should be able to replace your iPhone for $199. A bit pricey, but hey, at least you can still replace your iPhone.

You could always try to get the drunk guy to pay for the iPhone replacement, but that's up to you. Good luck in getting your iPhone replaced!

:apple:Dustin

4. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm in the UK at the moment.

Fact is I have changed the digitzier on the iphone.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Warranty is voided; so you are looking at the no-contract price or "Full-Pop" Sorry....:(:(:(