Apple, Questions n Answers thread.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macmark93, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Macmark93 macrumors member

Macmark93

Got some spare time and i am bored so figured I may as as week use this time to try and help some one out. :)

2. jimmyco2008 macrumors regular

3. Macmark93 thread starter macrumors member

Macmark93

No i am not but I used to work in a Apple certified repair shop.

4. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

5. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

First time seeing an AMA on MacRumors lol... I'll bite.

Most memorable experience?

6. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

OP, members ask question 24/7. Why don't you just weigh in on those threads that you can help out instead of this way you are asking ? It won't work your way.

7. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Ok here I have one that no one on MR has been even able to attempt to answer. When I boot into safe mode the late 2013 rMBP glitches out for a few seconds. It reminds me of the 8600m GT fiasco a few years ago that eventually died on me. Is this something to be concerned about or just normal operation? [​IMG]

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Starting a thread isn't the way to do it. Instead, look through existing current threads and offer help where you can. There's no way to direct even a small percentage of posters to a single thread.

9. Macmark93 thread starter macrumors member

Macmark93

Hi, hmm first of all If it only happens in safe mode I would not worry about it, their is lots of reasons (whilst in safe mode) that could explain the macbook generally not running as if you were to boot it normally. You may have been asked by other users to change the PRAM settings and things, I can say that won't make a difference at least not that you would notice. When a macbook boots in to safe mode OSX purposely uses the computers hardware to the minimum to check the system for errors. If it is just happening in safe mode then I am sure your computer is fine.

----------

Yeah I guess your right, thanks for your advice.

10. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Well that's good to know. Yes I was advised to reset the PRAM settings and it didn't do anything. Thanks for the message!

11. Macmark93 thread starter macrumors member

Macmark93