Apple Quick, Quick, (Slow Delivery) UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by apegia, Nov 7, 2007.

1. apegia macrumors newbie

Anyone else had the same experience?
    Ordered MacBook Pro on 31st October - told technical 14 days delivery but in reality expect 6 days.
    After all machine only coming from Cork to London.
    Had rapid set of e-mail from apple - confirmed shipping on 3rd Nov
    ... and waited .. and waited (Nice new apple soon I thought!)
    On 7th Nov rang apple ... "Oh its in transit but still not with final carrier - so expect perhaps 13th Nov"

..Perhaps its me but Pepy's diary (written 1661-9) shows that it was possible to travel from Cork to London in 8 days (yet apple's courier takes 10 days some 350 years later!!!!)

OK perhaps I'm impatient but you would really expect better from Apple. The rest of their service is exemplary and they were really embarassed when I pointed out that it would have got here quicker in 1663!!!

sigh! ...I just hope that the horse doesn't lose shoe!.... and I'm certainly not wielding a shovel!!

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Who told you it's coming from Cork? More likely to be China.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I ordered a Macbook on Monday and because I added a mini dvi to vga cable it was going to ship from china. Phoned up on Tuesday morning and changed the order so it didnt have that cable. The macbook arrived on Wednesday morning (this morning) less than 24 hours after I had ordered it.

In the past when i bought my imac it came from China and took 2+weeks to arrive.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    My sister ordered a MBP (not BTO) at 11pm on the 30th and it was in her hands on Friday 2 November. Should have been there on 1 Nov but TNT messed up.

5. BruceEBonus macrumors 6502a

BruceEBonus

I ordered my iMac 24" on the 26th October but cancelled part of the order (a Mac Mini) on the 27th.The iMac allegedly shipped today - to arrive `sometime' before the 15th of Nov - BUT they still havent refunded the Mac Mini cash back to my Maestro card. Funny .. it took less than a few hours to take out. Several calls to Apple Customer Care - and it "should be with you in 3-5 days" .. thats about ten days later then.I'm worried.Will the machine have Leopard preinstalled as promised?. Will it have a freezing problem?. Will it come when everyone is out the house?. And will this whole caper be sorted before Leopard's successor is released?. Ignorance is bliss is maybe the best advice to all on here! :eek:

6. josno macrumors newbie

I ordered my new MacBook and 'free' iPod Nano on the 28th Oct and I'm still waiting on delivery. Apparently Apple dispatched it on the 31st Oct. I still don't have any carrier info if I track my order.

I phoned up yesterday and was told the courier estimated it would get to me on or before the 11th (a Sunday?!) even though the guy said it had been dispatched from Hinckley (nr Birmingham). It's only coming to Exeter! I did add a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter though...

7. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Ordered my iMac 24" Extreme.....

October 23, and it shipped November 5. I am sure your MacBook is not coming from Cork mate! And Apple does not have its own private shipping services!
    Hope you get your new MacBook soon.

8. josno macrumors newbie

It came today :D Didn't have Leopard pre-installed though - I had to do that myself. It's just installing updates now :)

9. bingefeller macrumors 6502

When I ordered my iMac it came in 3 days from Cork - I live in Belfast.

10. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

If you have customised the order at all e.g. adding a wireless mouse, the computer will come from China.
    The Macs that have been shipped on the 5th are being held currently due to a mix up in customs. I've been told several times on the support line that they should be moved onto their respective carriers this week.

Keep checking your e-mail and order page. That's all you can do!

EDIT: Mine changed this evening (as I've just found out) from delayed to "on schedule". Hope!

11. DownTheStreet macrumors newbie

Macbook to Montreal

I ordered my Macbook on Nov 1st and I'm still waiting.

Granted, I ordered the 2.2 and upgraded the HD and RAM but for some strange reason I expected it to come from California.

I didn't get the acknowledgment of my order from Apple until Nov. 7th even though it showed up in the store as "on orde"r. The billing info was sent to UPS on the morning of Nov 7th but it wasn't actually picked up until the morning of the 8th. It didn't leave Shanghai until the evening of the 9th.

It arrived the same day in Anchorage (thank you international date line) and left a few hours later for Louisville.

It spent the weekend in Louisville and was then trucked first to Buffalo and then finally across the border to Hamilton.

I live in suburban Montreal so it still has another 400 miles to go.

I wouldn't be so worried but I leave on vacation for two weeks starting next week and I'm not sure what UPS is going to do with the package if I'm not there to sign for it. I expect it will get shipped back to the sender where I'll have to start the whole process over again :(

I would have thought that 3 weeks was enough lead time before my vacation.