Apple Quietly Kills Antenna Attack Page

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Schweitzer, Jul 31, 2010.

1. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Never should have been made in the first place. It's very juvenile, especially since most of their rivals weren't really taking major shots at them.

2. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

After Apple posted the last attack video, and NO ONE ELSE could replicate it, I think they felt the heat was on. The best way to hide your lies and fabrications is to remove them and never speak of them again.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I hope some lawyers give Apple a call and ask them about those videos (or probably already have, hence their removal). No doubt they caused some damage. Damage that was based on misconceptions. And we really shouldn't be surprised these videos were misrepresenting the truth. Apple has a very strong track record of misrepresenting the truth (the commercials showing app switching in the blink of an eye, the "entire internet" commercials they were forced to remove, the perfect FaceTime pictures they later changed, etc...).

4. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

Yeah well so far only the USA seems to have this trouble. Australia not, Sweden/Norway not and myself in the Netherlands not. Might I venture to say there is another end on your antenna, the AT&T end? The iPhone seems to have a different characteristic then the 3GS but it's certainly not worse, it's often a lot better!
    Well unless you live in a poor AT&T area. And there seem to be left quite a few of these??!!

5. Schweitzer thread starter macrumors regular

The german "consumer reports" equivalent Stiftung Warentest tested the iPhone 4 and found a signal loss of 90% using one finger at the right spot.

Other phones showed a signal loss of 25% using the "death grip".

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

It is most certainly not a US or AT&T problem.

The issue has been reproduced on iPhone 4s sold in several countries and used on several networks.

An Australian carrier is recommending that customers use the phone with a case if they live in an area of weaker signal.

7. pflau macrumors 6502

Big deal. They remove the I'm a Mac/I'm a PC commercials also. Those death grip videos already went viral. They fulfilled their purpose.

8. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

The damage has already been done. Remember the press conference? :rolleyes:

9. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    About they took that ridiculous video down. They made themselves look immeasurably insecure with that response.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I get it on mine, but its not really a big deal though - pretty minor really.

11. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

I didn't mention Germany :D
    But jokes aside, I don't care how much atteniation, signal loss or what ever I've got, as long as it keeps calling and sending data back and forth, it's a good phone in my book. And overhere tue iPhone 4 is better than any other phone I've used in the past 10 years. Yes I can get the signal bars down, so what? It works quite well in daily life.

12. diabolic macrumors 68000

Same for me. Honestly, if someone doesn't notice an attenuation problem in their everyday use, it isn't really a problem, no matter how loudly someone screams that all phones have the problem. Most people don't notice.

13. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Well Said!.....:cool:

14. illutionz macrumors 65816

Yes, attenuation problem occurs and as long as you don't start with 2 or 3 bars and dropping you call, I could care-less... I have 4-5 bars and it always drops to 3 bars and they still work ;)

15. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Hot cakes wish they sold as fast as iPhone 4s.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Doesn't make the issue any less real.

I think Apple's biggest enemy in this whole affair has been Apple. For the first time I can think of - their PR has been absolutely horrendous at every turn since the launch of the iPhone 4.

We can argue about the device itself and the design all we want. But I think we can all agree that the PR coming out of Apple has never been worse regarding this matter.

17. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

They probably ran into some legal trouble that they didn't want to deal with, so it'd be just easier to remove the page.

18. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Apple tried to deflect their antenna design flaw by saying "others do it too". Sounds like a pretty insecure position to take. But who cares... next year will bring something else to complain about from Apple.

19. hippo206 macrumors 6502

Are you talking about the death grip on the X? If so, I replicated it to a Verizon employee in the Verizon store. It was quite easy to do.

But I am not saying to be able to death grip something, and have data lose like on the iphone are the same thing.

20. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

It was an unbecoming series of potshots, inconsistent with the usual above-it-all posture they try to maintain.

21. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Hardware fix is Coming! This is just a preliminary step

22. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Don't stop believing. If it comes before June 2011 I'll mail you a quarter.

23. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Yet another bumbling fumble by Apple ... when will they get their **** together???

24. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

No one in their right mind can condone Apple's atrocious behavior and smear campaign unless they are a fanboy.