anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
I believe you are correct... it also has 2gigs RAM as standard.... but has dropped to 2.0 GHz from 2.1.....

The UK store isnt showing it yet but the US store is... look at both for a comparison of specs.

Comment

okatidubi

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
Apple Updates White MacBook

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook?mco=MTE3MzM

Now with Nvidia graphics and 2gb memory standard

EDIT: The US macbook white specs page has been updated. Currently, only the US store and website shows the updated specs.

New features:
New packaging (similiar to the new notebooks)
Nvidia graphics
2gb DDR2 standard
2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1066 FBS
iLife '09
Firewire :p

screen-capture-3.png

Comment

shahr04360

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2007
Malaysia
Just wonder what the store had been update for last few days. But seems cool anyway. Waiting update on Mac mini soon.

Comment

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
nice. the nvidia chipset will have better support for OpenCL (for Snow leopard) than the intel integrated graphics, at least initially.

Comment

CBX

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
Doesnt this make it a harder choice to pick the 2.0 Alu MB over the 2.0 white now?

The only real difference in spec is ddr2 vddr3 memory and slightly bigger hard drive...

Comment

fifthroot

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
Interesting that they upgraded the FSB, graphics card, and they are seemingly using the same processors that come in the unibody, yet they still use a 200-pin DDR2 instead of the 204-pin in the DDR3s.

Comment

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
Interesting that they upgraded the FSB, graphics card, and they are seemingly using the same processors that come in the unibody, yet they still use a 200-pin DDR2 instead of the 204-pin in the DDR3s.

and it has firewire/midi DVI, another custom chipset or logic board.
it is not a bad machine right now.
I was kind of upset a few minutes ago(really pissed actually) because I had hoped it would be killed completely and the two aluminums' prices dropped, probably added another option. But now I realize this means Apple just wants to finish off the stock of plastic cases/non LED displays and all that. I guess an update can still be a month or two away(aka Fare well, whitey!)
BTW since it looks like it ships with iLife 09, I guess that will be available in 4-6 business days as well

Comment

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
wow that's a pretty big update. I wonder if they're planning on dropping the price of the unibodies, because 300 bucks seems a lot for ddr3 and the glass trackpad.

Comment

ideonode

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2008
Doesnt this make it a harder choice to pick the 2.0 Alu MB over the 2.0 white now?

The only real difference in spec is ddr2 vddr3 memory and slightly bigger hard drive...

And the graphics card....

EDIT: never mind - I'm an idiot.

Comment

gothamm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Apple quietly updates white lower end macbook

largest improvements are the upgrade to 9400m, 2 gigs RAM, and bluetooth 2.1

getting ready for Snowleopard are we? ;)

Comment

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
I don't think they'd go through the expense of redesigning the motherboard just to sell out their stock of white cases, maybe the kerfuffle over dropping firewire was bigger than they thought it would be and this is an attempt to make amends.

and it has firewire/midi DVI, another custom chipset or logic board.
it is not a bad machine right now.
I was kind of upset a few minutes ago(really pissed actually) because I had hoped it would be killed completely and the two aluminums' prices dropped, probably added another option. But now I realize this means Apple just wants to finish off the stock of plastic cases/non LED displays and all that. I guess an update can still be a month or two away(aka Fare well, whitey!)
BTW since it looks like it ships with iLife 09, I guess that will be available in 4-6 business days as well

Comment

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Now with Nvidia graphics and 2gb memory standard

EDIT: The US macbook white specs page has been updated. Currently, only the US store and website shows the updated specs.

New features:
New packaging (similiar to the new notebooks)
Nvidia graphics
2gb DDR2 standard
2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1066 FBS
iLife '09
Firewire :p

Love the screen shot with the anti-glare film search.

Hmmm the drop in the processor but bump in the graphics. Not exactly sure what they are trying with this line.

Comment

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I don't think they'd go through the expense of redesigning the motherboard just to sell out their stock of white cases, maybe the kerfuffle over dropping firewire was bigger than they thought it would be and this is an attempt to make amends.

I would think the current state of the economy also has something to do with it.

Apple still need a cheap(er) laptop in their range and the aluminium MacBook isn't it.

Comment

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
well. its has 0.1 ghz drop but probably FSB increase. i guess its a faster machine down the line

Comment

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2006
UK
got firewire

looks like a great opportunity for people who need FW on unibody macbooks to put their money where their mouth is.

Comment

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy

Apple is just full of surprises, would have never thought of seeing an updated white Macbook, let alone, no updated Alu Macbooks the same day. Since it's been more than 3 months since the last update, I hope we're not more than 3 more months away from speed bumps and possibly RAM upgrades to all Macbooks, don't know what else to expect.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.