Apple quoting 1-3 day ship on 13" 1.8, been waiting 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 3Pedals6Speeds, Aug 22, 2011.

1. 3Pedals6Speeds macrumors member

I have a 13" MBA, 1.8 Ghz i7 on order, and when ordered on 9 Aug it said 'ships 1-3 days'. My order is still saying 'Processing' 2 weeks later? Doesn't sound like 'ships in 1-3 days' to me? Plus, they're still quoting the a shipment within in 1-3 days on their website.

Anyone else had this happen recently? How long did you wait? I know when they just came out there were significant delays, but I thought these were mostly in the past?

2. drxcm macrumors regular

Sounds like you should call Apple. Has your card been charged? Maybe payment is holding things up?

3. ljones macrumors regular

Yeah, I'd call. I made my order on a friday and it shipped from China on Sunday. I had it by Tuesday... a day early.

Still not sure how that happened that fast and it was not next day type of service.

4. 3Pedals6Speeds thread starter macrumors member

Was yours a 1.8?

5. ljones macrumors regular

No, I ordered a MacBook pro, sorry. Maybe your order is very popular. I was just giving you an idea on how fast the item shipped.

6. ootexasoo macrumors newbie

I ordered an 11in mba with i7 on August 18 It also said 1-3 days shipping. But mine shipped on the 20th with estimated delivery on the 25th. Getting it today on the 22nd which is 3 days earlier.

7. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

11" maxed out seems a little less popular, but mine took still 10 days to arrive.
    Seems to be a little variation between orders. And there where rumors of the i7 chipsets being scares, but I have no idea how much truth there is in that rumor.

8. profanum macrumors newbie

I ordered my 13" i7 on the night of the Aug 11th, it shipped on the 13th, and arrived on the 16th. I ordered just straight through apple.com, no education/government. I did order the ethernet adapter too, and it came in the box with the air.