Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
Why in the monkey hell does it take 45 mins to reschedule a check in window!!?!?

Really Apple!!

Mrs Ahrendts gets paid waaaaaay to F@&&7 much!!

Gah!!:mad::mad::mad:

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Why in the monkey hell does it take 45 mins to reschedule a check in window!!?!?

Really Apple!!

Mrs Ahrendts gets paid waaaaaay to F@&&7 much!!

Gah!!:mad::mad::mad:

Apple products are popular and appointments will fill days in advance. You are upset because you had to reschedule at the last min?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1144557

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Had a very "interesting" week dealing with botched up exchange attempt, an accidentally closed IUP loan!

Looks like my quick rant was explained thoroughly enough.

I called Apple to reschedule my pickup\checkin time, and had to go through more hoops (a total of 45 mins... too close to an hour!) just to get a new time. You would think you could just request a new time online, or through customer care, and they would tell you what's the next available time slot .. easy peesy right??? Guess that was the straw!! Love the products, so I guess I expect the retail experience to be just a seamless.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Had a very "interesting" week dealing with botched up exchange attempt, an accidentally closed IUP loan!

Looks like my quick rant was explained thoroughly enough.

I called Apple to reschedule my pickup\checkin time, and had to go through more hoops (a total of 45 mins... too close to an hour!) just to get a new time. You would think you could just request a new time online, or through customer care, and they would tell you what's the next available time slot .. easy peesy right??? Guess that was the straw!! Love the products, so I guess I expect the retail experience to be just a seamless.
If you keep the email confirmation you can indeed change your appointment time online.

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
Love the products, so I guess I expect the retail experience to be just a seamless.

The retail experience is normally seamless. The stores get busy, and they still offer top notch customer service. Everything can't always go as planned, or be so seamless. Life does not work like that.

peejay1977

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2015
I get your frustration but for every bad example of customer service there's an equal number of good ones. It's the balance of life, sadly the size and efficiency of the company rarely plays a factor. Noone's perfect.

But as I said, I get you're p*ssed.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Never had any issues with Apple retail stores. With my old 6plus I was using it then It just died. Walked into Apple store with no appointment and they replaced it no questions asked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.