Apple Readies New iMac article on msnbc.com!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Trout74, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Trout74 macrumors 6502

On Msnbc.com under video headlines there is a video about it but I cant pull it up online at work. Can anyone else pull it up? What does it say??!!?

its title is " apple readies new generation of iMac "

Trout

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

video is just speculating imac announcements tomorrow about the brushed aluminum iMacs

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Looks like some more speculations on the iMac and Fake Steve Jobs news.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

5. bonafide macrumors regular

Article

Talking about the iMac

"Apple is set to make a big announcement on its newest version"

Jim Goldman (product analysis) talks about the history, product updates, etc etc. Nothing really special. Apple sells a million units a quarter. Name change and how the Mac is still key to the Apple reputation.

Rumour images making their way around the internet. Talks about the brushed aluminim cover and how it would fit in nicely with the home office or the home theature.

Gene Munster (some kinda wall-street guy) says don't expect anything game changing (referring to the market) but except it to hit the "cool" factor.

Nothing great.

Interesting the main stream media is posting info about it now.

6. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank for the quick response! Darn IT guys block out all videos here at work.

Trout

7. neven macrumors 6502a

Does anyone else think that "brushed aluminum" is a nice step from "brushed metal" toward "anodized aluminum"? :) They'll get there yet!

8. neven macrumors 6502a

P.S. Watch AAPL go up in after-hour trading as this news hits the mainstream.

9. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Makes you wish you owned stock eh"?

10. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Apple better deliver now! They can't get away without at least promising to ship a new iMac without some major backlash.

If they didn't have an iMac planned, I bet Johnny Ive is working hard today! :eek:

11. esaleris macrumors 6502

Possible, but mainstream desktop news has never moved the stock much in recent years. We'll see though - it'd be great to see something revolutionary.

12. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

But we're talking about a product redesign here. I don't know how previous ones in years gone by have effected the stock price but I personally think a new design would impact it even a little.

I could be wrong though, I am only speculating here.

13. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

The video on Msnbc on the 'rumored' new iMac and said that  sold 1.76 Million units of the iMac line sold last quarter..

In other news the fake S. Jobs has been found out it's Dan Lyons... Story link

14. neven macrumors 6502a

Well, I was wrong - the stock went up just before closing, and stayed the same in after-hour trading.