Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
MacSA said:
I have this horrible feeling that Vista is going to destroy any market share increases Apple may have made in recent years.

I think Apple is well aware of the thread posed by Vista regardless of how big an update it turns out to be. That's why I reckon we're likely to see an enormous advertising & marketing campaign for Leopard to get the word out.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
PlaceofDis said:
the iPod not so much if it is a radically new enclosure and such. as i pointed out earlier the 3rd Gen iPod was released at a WWDC so a True Video iPod could be released as well, but a simple refresh would slide.

Ummmm, the 3G iPod was released at a special event in conjunction with the iTunes Music Store.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
My prediction: only pro level hardware to be updated.

This is a show for developers, not consumers, not the music press, but registered Apple developers. They're going to be shown Leopard, are going to have the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro introduced to them as well.

A new Merom/Conroe based iMac will come in Paris in September - possibly with a new mini/MacBook - and a new iPod/iPod nano will come at a special music event in September in San Francisco, as all new major iPod updates (I deliberately discount the shuffle) have since 2004.

LoveMacMini

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2006
with only 4 days 23 hours left at the time of this post, who the hell cares what's being predicted.

We're all going to find out soon enough.

If this wait is too much of a burden on your mind then pop out some Ambien and alcohol and you'll be knocked out for a day or two (bed pan not included)

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
"If that’s how they preceive Vista then they simply aren’t listening. Maybe that customer would be better off with a Macintosh anyway. Oh, and I’m gonna run Vista on my Mac if they come out with what I hear they are gonna come out with next week." - Scoble

Gotta be hardware. Im excited now!

Though I would be happy with just Mac Pros and Leopard if it really raises the bar with Vista.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.