Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I carry my iPhone in a front pocket, I just don’t like things in my back pockets. I’m also deaf and can’t really feel the phone vibrate in my front pocket. So, I bought an Apple Watch hoping it would help me with notifications. Wowsers! Even though I can’t feel my iPhone vibrate, there is no way I will be able to miss my AW vibrate on my wrist. This opened many doors for me - no longer will I miss a notification. Apple really needs to begin marketing the Apple Watch to the deaf community as well.

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
One of the many reasons I bought an Apple Watch was for the wrist vibrations. When any of my old Android phones vibrated, you felt it regardless of what pocket it was in.

iPhone, not so much.

Duncan68

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2018
One of the many reasons I bought an Apple Watch was for the wrist vibrations. When any of my old Android phones vibrated, you felt it regardless of what pocket it was in.

iPhone, not so much.

If you have a security camera, the Watch is great as motion alerts on the iPhone are easy to miss (at least with my setup).

Reactions: revmacian
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.