Apple really should make a power brick with a removable DC power cable

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JoeG4, Dec 21, 2012.

1. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

If Apple cares so much about the environment, they could help contribute HUGELY by just this small thing! Imagine how many Magsafe bricks would be saved from the dump if they had removable DC cords as well.

That would be truly awesome, and sexy.

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Are you talking about how the Apple Aluminum displays were with the power brick?

3. JoeG4 thread starter macrumors 68030

JoeG4

No, I was referring to the power bricks themselves. It seems ridiculous they aren't removable/replaceable as they would probably have a longer service life if they did. Bonus if they had a magsafe on that end too, since it'd lower the chance of accidental tumbling of laptops even more!

It'd be great if they were removable on the monitors as well. Then again, I always thought that should have been the case with the monitors - that entire plug should be removable!

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I kind of agree. I have a feeling that they might do it in the future, but they probably don't want to modify the design at the moment since it's been "fine" since the Apple G4 days.

5. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I dont think they will do this. then they wouldnt get that 80 dollar payoff for a new power brick. they would only get 15 bucks for a new cord. nope. im thinking not anytime soon as smart as it is.