Apple Recall Level

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CKtoph, Jun 27, 2010.

1. CKtoph macrumors 6502

So, with all the posts about calling Apple and getting free bumpers, I was skeptical but had some time to kill and was intrigued.

Anyway, set it up for Apple to call me, and a rep called me within 30 seconds.

Basically, he read me (word for word) the latest email regarding the status of the iP4, and more or less told me that a fix is coming soon (obviously), there is currently nothing out there for free bumpers to be distributed (saw that coming), and that Apple is currently at a "severity" level 2.

When I asked what that last part meant, he told me that Apple has a scale of 1-10 for the severity of an issue, 10 being a complete recall.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

What does it take to be level ten? Instant death by radiation?
    thanks for the info OP

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It all reads like bullshat until a press release is issued. Not that I'm saying you're lying, just that many seem to have these type of stories floating around. A low-level phone rep likely doesn't know much and usually an issue like this cannot be fixed via software. You can be sent a patch to make it so all 5 bars show whenever, but it won't be a "true" signal.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Isn't the rumor that the phone cannot switch signals fast enough? If true software can fix this.

5. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

speaking of actual reception. Has anyone tried field test mode? I couldnt get it to work, entered the number sequence and hit send but nothing will happen. i posted on this release day but it got buried in the numerous fedex posts. Was it intentionally diabled because they knew the antenna was porked?

6. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

It is the weekend. I'm sure any of the Apple employee's who were able to get a iPhone 4 will report back after the 2 day weekend with feedback on the issue.

Then Steve will have enough feedback to issue a media press release addressing the issue.

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I doubt Apple will do a recall. Maybe an instant-replacement if you voluntarily bring it in, but they won't tell you to

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

That filmm wa awesome

9. CKtoph thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a case number if that will add authenticity, but I doubt it will. But for anonymity's sake, I'll add a screenie of the email to show I did actually call them. Could the line I got from customer service be total BS? Maybe, but I don't think a low level rep like him would go to the effort to put on an act.

Also, the rep was actively refreshing through emails while on the phone with me. His words were (paraphrasing), "We've been getting emails all weekend about the issue and our engineers are actively working on it. Let me refresh my latest emails to see if anything new came through."

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that he gave me the corporate severity level of the issue, and it is defcon-esque :p

Mainly wanted to post this saying that all those bumper rumors are officially BS.

[​IMG]