Apple recovering lost data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jokemjokester, Aug 18, 2011.

1. jokemjokester macrumors member

jokemjokester

What are the odds of apple trying to recover data from iphones that have been swapped through warranty? Kinda worried that they might be trying to obtain files from my iphone 4 that I swapped earlier today. Should I be worried?

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I'd say zero, why would Apple want to recover files on your iPhone? There is no incentive too and it will be a waste of time for whoever does it.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. iFiend macrumors 65816

::makes tinfoil hat for OP::

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I'm sure it isn't company policy but all it takes is one pervy employee somewhere to find your naughty pics and put them all out there on the Internet for the whole world to see.
    I'd be scared.
    ;)

6. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

When I swapped mine, I clicked "Erase all Content and Settings"

But you people probably know better than me how easy it still is to get stuff off

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I erased mine before handing it over and that was good enough for me. I could see someone casually looking at it but not going to the trouble of recovering data off it.

8. jokemjokester thread starter macrumors member

jokemjokester

lol. I'm just saying. I had over 1000+ family photos and what not in my camera. it's something that I feel should be kept private. I hit the erase all content and settings before swapping my phone. I do feel that out of a thousands of swapped iPhones, they wouldn't take their time recovering data. at least that's what my gut feels. just thought I'd ask for reassurance :cool: