Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Guys.
I have my recruitment day tomorrow.

Any experiences or tips that you can share from ones you've attended/heard of?

Thanks! :apple:

Cineplex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2016
Hey Guys.
I have my recruitment day tomorrow.

Any experiences or tips that you can share from ones you've attended/heard of?

Thanks! :apple:
Be the leader. Always volunteer first. This event is all just to see who steps up to the plate. They will make you do all kinds of things like presentations. Be the presenter. It is all about seeing who is the strongest and willing to do what it takes. Be 200% positive. Always compliment others in your teams. Don't take credit for things..team team team. Smile. That will get you far!

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Be the leader. Always volunteer first. This event is all just to see who steps up to the plate. They will make you do all kinds of things like presentations. Be the presenter. It is all about seeing who is the strongest and willing to do what it takes. Be 200% positive. Always compliment others in your teams. Don't take credit for things..team team team. Smile. That will get you far!
Exactly this! In mine, instead of introducing ourselves, we were given a partner and had to interview and introduce them. You might get a crappy partner, but they also observe your interaction before presenting. Ask them good questions - your presentation on them will likely be considered more than theirs of you, if you take my meaning.

Cineplex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2016
Exactly this! In mine, instead of introducing ourselves, we were given a partner and had to interview and introduce them. You might get a crappy partner, but they also observe your interaction before presenting. Ask them good questions - your presentation on them will likely be considered more than theirs of you, if you take my meaning.
Yes! I forgot about that. This whole event has one goal. Weed down the numbers very quickly. By the time you get to the second task...half the room is out. Before the event is even over they know who isn't getting a call back. Its definitely and endurance race for you.

Good luck! Just be the best person there!

Reactions: -BigMac-

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Yes! I forgot about that. This whole event has one goal. Weed down the numbers very quickly. By the time you get to the second task...half the room is out. Before the event is even over they know who isn't getting a call back. Its definitely and endurance race for you.

Good luck! Just be the best person there!

Thanks my guys! Will do all the above :)
Going in now, will report afterwards:D

Reactions: Cineplex

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Well.....how did it go?
So i got there with 18 other Applicants. They discussed apple and the company. The only activity we did was a 1 minute role play of a sale.

They chose me as the absolute first, which makes it so fkn hard and i had the most awkward partner in the room.

Needless to say i could only get so much connection with someone who speaks under his breath and isnt outgoing. They were looking for how wuickly you can build a connection..

The rest of the applicants took turns then we sat down.

End of recruitement.

Just got the email now, I didnt get through.

I really feel like Apple needs to improve their recruitment process. 1 minute in front of 25 people in a dead quiet room with an awkward partner, doesnt show off my 7 years of customer service...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.