Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

34 Volt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
LA
Hello all, I was thinking about buying the new Apple TV, but i have the old one (the 3rd gen model), and I was wondering since how Apple has a recycle program for iPhones and Macs so you can trade in and get a gift card to buy the new product, does that still imply for Apple TVs as well? Thanks.

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Which products qualify for the Apple Recycling Program?
Any iPad, iPhone, Mac, or PC — desktop or notebook — may qualify for reuse or free recycling.
So does that mean no?
Scroll down to where it says 'Tell Us About Your Device', under 'Here's How to Get Your Gift Card', first sentence. Appears you cut some words out of the sentence, like 'only' -- looks like you replaced that with 'any'...

From the Recycling Program info-page you can also click the 'Get Started' link if you want more detail, you'll be taken to a landing page that shows which devices you can 'get-started' with, it's where you click the piece of hardware that you're going to recycle as well as if you're going to recycle in-store or online. If they ever add or remove anything from the Recycling Program, that's where the most up-to-date info can be located.

Shot-01.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.