Apple Recycling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KisakiSama, Sep 12, 2014.

1. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I'm going to be standing in line on launch day, and if possible I'd like to take advantage of Apple's trade-in program to apply it directly to the phone. Right now, their online tool says they're offering $205 for my iPhone 5. My questions is: can I expect the same quote in-store on launch day? Anyone have any experience with this?

If I'll get less than $200 I want to just go to AT&T instead and get my guaranteed $200...

2. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

I'm doing the exact same thing with my 64GB iPhone 5.

I would imagine they'll use the same online tool on their website to generate the value.

3. KisakiSama thread starter macrumors member

KisakiSama

That's what I'm hoping. My iPhone 5 is also 64GB.

Worst case scenario, they offer less and I get the 6 anyway, then take my phone to AT&T for their promo card and use it for bills, but that seems like such a hassle.

4. joecartoon22 macrumors member

i am hoping to be able to trade in 2 old phones (4s/5s) for credit towards a new one. you think that is possible or is it one trade in credit per device?

5. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

It depends on how much your time is worth relative to $. For sure I'm giving the 5 to Apple and hopefully getting the 6 the same day. Do you know what time they open their doors at on the 19th?

6. KisakiSama thread starter macrumors member

KisakiSama

Well, their standard procedure is to give you an Apple gift card if you traded in online, so I would assume you could trade in both for Apple credit.

----------

All Apple retail stores will open at 8am. For the 4 and 5 I got to my local store between 5:30 and 6:30 in the morning and in both cases I was able to walk away with the phone I wanted. But, if you live in a major city like NYC or LA, it might be worth it to get there earlier.