Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sal23

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Hey Guys,

I am looking to buy a red apple case for my iPhone 6...

I am currently using a naked touch case-mate and i love it! but i like to have different options.

for the iPhone 5 i bought the red leather case, and after a couple weeks of use it starting rubbing off and it was turning discolored/black.

I take my phone in and out of my pocket a lot....

did any of you notice this with the leather or silicone? how durable are they holding up for you? i like the feeling of the leather better, but i want one that will last me longer for the money i pay for it.

thanks in advance!!!! :)

loveleelatina

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
never had the leather case or felt it in hand but I ordered the silicone one actually got it today and im not impressed..at all.its slippery and not worth the money. I went by all the positive reviews on this site but I guess Im different and dont see it worth the price.

sal23

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
never had the leather case or felt it in hand but I ordered the silicone one actually got it today and im not impressed..at all.its slippery and not worth the money. I went by all the positive reviews on this site but I guess Im different and dont see it worth the price.

yeah i have felt it in my hand before. like i said, i like the leather better.....but i am more interested in how it holds up after some weeks of use.

thanks for your reply!!!

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I have the Red silicone case for the 6 and I must say it feels pretty good in the hand. It gives the phone a grippier feel and the color holds up pretty well. I do think it's a little overpriced and offers less protection than other options. I'm currently using a DualPro Shine from Incipio but have the Apple case as a second option.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Unless you absolutely must have the Apple case there are cheaper, just as good if not better options for a red case. Search Amazon and check out some reviews.
The Apple ones really are over priced for what they are.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
I love the feel of the silicone - it's a texturised style unlike any I have seen on a case. Is there really a cheaper alternative with the same feel?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I love the feel of the silicone - it's a texturised style unlike any I have seen on a case. Is there really a cheaper alternative with the same feel?

This! I go back and forth between the Caudabe Veil and the Apple silicone. I've had the Veil on for the last week and tonight switched it up to the Silicone. I forgot how much I love the feel of the silicone case. To me it has both a slimy feel but awesome grip as well. Sounds at total opposites but it's just a great feel in the hand. So of course I vote for the silicone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.