Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today overhauled its Artists.Apple.com website, which is designed for artists who are creating content for Apple Music.

apple-music-for-artists.jpg

The updated site is meant to be a centralized location that will let artists access the Apple Music tools and services that are available to them. Artists.Apple.com will serve as the home for all artist activity on Apple Music, and it will act as an entry point into what the Apple ecosystem has to offer.

Apple has guidance for using tools like Voice Memos, GarageBand, Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro, MainStage, and more, along with links to music distributors for getting songs out in the wild. Published artists can access instructions for updating artist info, adding lyrics, creating cover art, and developing press kits.

There are tools for creating Apple Music-branded marketing assets, earning money through the Apple Music Affiliate Program, and accessing Apple Music analytics. Apple has also added walkthroughs and support document help for new features, such as Spatial Audio.

Apple Music for Artists is available for every artist on Apple Music, offering up stream data, Shazam info, sales numbers, and all of the new features introduced today. New content and resources for artists will be added to the site over time.

Article Link: Apple Redesigns Apple Music Website for Artists

kesenwangs

macrumors regular
May 16, 2021
Vancouver
Man, have you seen the plug-in for converting or creating Dolby-Atmos music? Still trying to wrap my head around using it lol.

Envo

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
You mean, they created a new landing page. Inside there isn't any new thing... Same sort of statistics as they were before. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really would like to see some follower count, or more detailed stat about the playcount (for example, how many play/people).

And as much as I hate Spotify, they're far better at this.

Plus: You still need to have a middle man (like Distrokid) to upload your work to Apple Music.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 23.39.48.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 23.39.48.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 83

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
You mean, they created a new landing page. Inside there isn't any new thing... Same sort of statistics as they were before. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really would like to see some follower count, or more detailed stat about the playcount (for example, how many play/people).

And as much as I hate Spotify, they're far better at this.

Plus: You still need to have a middle man (like Distrokid) to upload your work to Apple Music.
The reason Spotify started allowing direct uploads was with the hope since they are the biggest you’d stop there. The 3rd parties puts you everywhere. If Apple did the same Spotify would run to court.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
This looks like a good way for artists to take more control over their Apple Music brand.
That’s debatable. I read somewhere that artists make a fraction of income from streaming, so it’s convenient for us yet terrible for them. Plus, they’re still at the mercy of greedy record labels and/or bad management.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.