Apple Redesigns their Refurbished Store

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by vertical smile, Nov 23, 2018.

1. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I checked out Apple's Refurbished store today, and it is totally redesigned.

I personally do not like it. At first glance, it is aesthetically pleasing, but there are some issues.

One thing, they removed the original released date of the model while browsing. If you click on each one you can see it though.

Actually, the redesign reminds me of a common theme I am seeing with a lot of media apps. It reminds me of the Netflix App on tvOS and other newer devices. It visually looks nice, and more modern, but the user friendliness of the UI suffers. Another issue is that it lists the devices in columns and rows instead of just a simple list to scroll down.

Anyone like it?

2. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

I've noticed similar trends in many places. The new App Store on macOS sucks. As to the Apple store refurbs, I found it to be a bit slow. Nice looking, but honestly... I liked the previous design because for me, it worked just as I preferred.

3. maverick28, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019

maverick28 macrumors regular

Exactly. The difference only is that I don't find the current design (tiles without edges, tiny greyish fonts against white background aka "modern", expanding menus organized out of order) pleasing and simple they think it is. The new overhaul of the Apple Store was part of the general overhaul of their web-site including the forum. Funny thing I was able to browse and post any section of the site, incl. the developer site, even from old Safari (going back to Safari 5) in Lion which I preferred over Chrome. After they pulled the plug in early December Safari 5 can't load any part of it at all (new SSL implementation?). The refurb section which I visited on a frequent basis became inaccessible. Chrome 49 (2016) too failed to load it as well as ASC and so failed Safari 7.1.8 (2015 I believe) in Mavericks. I'm forced to stick to Waterfox still being updated for old revisions of OS X though it's slow or switch to High Sierra which make me crawl with its greyish tones and cause headache periodically. I liked older look of Apple web-site, it was streamlined and fast. It's true that it now loads at significantly slower speeds.