Apple refund

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robertbooth, Sep 22, 2014.

1. robertbooth, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

robertbooth macrumors newbie

I preordered the iPhone 6plus did the store pick up for the 19 in store so I sm happy. So the day before on the 18th I notice extra money in my account and it the money I paid for the iPhone preorder. So I get up early and go to the Apple store day of release ask the associate to make sure I paid for the phone because I think I got refunded. Him being a smart ass DUH I would not give you a free iPhone take you phone and receipt and leave. So as of know I got a free iPhone. So I call customer service and get the same treatment. Then I call my bank and they say it nothing I can do just don't spend the money which I don't plan to do. So should I call Apple back and ask for a higher manager or wait it out to see if they catch the mistake any advice will be appreciated

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

3. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

don't use it just wait i had aissue like this sometimes apple will drop the charge off then re charge you etc

if the money is still there in a month or few weeks id say you safe

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

That was some hard reading. What was your question again:eek:

5. joonshin macrumors member

I think I lost a couple of brain cells after reading this.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

7. robertbooth thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry just want to know what to do since I aproached Apple and they blew me off. I don't plan to spend the money just asking is there a way to resolve it

----------

So basically I paid for the iPhone 6plus and they refunded me the money I paid for it and still gave me the iPhone

8. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

To clarify, you pre-ordered the iPhone 6 Plus, but you weren't charged for your order as well as when you picked it up?
    They should charge you for it at the time of picking up the device, or shortly after as they process the transaction. Apple isn't going to shell out free devices by accident.

9. robertbooth thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically I paid for the iPhone 6plus and they refunded me the money I paid for it and still gave me the iPhone

10. skanska macrumors member

OMG just leave it for a rainy day and let them ask you.

11. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

They'll probably catch it. But really -- why post it here on MacRumors? Is there a question? A problem? Just do the obvious and don't spend the money for like a month...

12. Candurin macrumors regular

13. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

May have simply been the pre-auth and will finalize the charge shortly after. Make sure to keep the funds available incase they charge you.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

This says it all.

Just wait. Why in the world would you spend any more time dealing with this fighting your way through the levels of the massive Apple machine?

15. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Same thing here. I ordered 2 iPhones on the 12th. The first one was charged about 6 days ago, and both have already been delivered. Yet when I checked my bank account the cost of the 2nd phone hasn't been deducted yet. I didn't receive any SMS payment for it either.