Apple Refurb Deal: 2.8GHz Quad-Core $1,999

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by justit, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Dale Gribble macrumors newbie

I just bought the exact same spec refurb Mac Pro from the UK store and it came to £1202, which works out as $1763.

No idea why it would be cheaper over here, it's normally the opposite, especially with our economy being in the *******.

2. justit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great deal and with a decent 24" you've just surpassed the iMac with far better expansion.

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

Perhaps this is why. :p

Seriously though, the UK may have more stock on hand than the US, and they need to unload it quickly. So they're offering them up at a steal. :)

4. rareflares macrumors regular

I just got my new Mac Pro refurb yesterday and it is indeed as new as it could be.

I got the 8-Core version for only $2400, such an amazing deal.

5. justit thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

They don't stick around. Jump quick or miss it. ;)

7. bntz313 macrumors 6502

I just bought the same computer, it arrives tomorrow I can't wait. Now I'm gonna sell my 17"mbp for something a little more portable.

I keep checking for the Mac pro for like a week, right when I saw it I bought it.

Good luck!

8. justit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Get the MBA, the Rev A are at $999, it will compliment your MP

9. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

If you check every day you should get one within two weeks.

10. bntz313 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I thought about that. I think I'm gonna go with a refurbished macbook, I still need some power to work on photoshop, Illustrator, and such when I'm not home but don't quite need the power of the MBP.

I would like a macbook air if it would do what I needed. I like the size.

11. sjobs@mac.com macrumors member

I got the Quad Mac Pro for $1,999.00 and am loving it so far. Got free bluetooth on the refurb. :)

12. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

uummm......newbie FYI.......not sure, but if I had to guess, I doubt that Mr. Jobs would take kindly to your using his email address as your member name :eek:

btw, he does read or have someone @apple watch these forums from time to time.........

13. rylin macrumors 6502

What's he gonna do? :rolleyes:

14. rylin macrumors 6502

God I hate you.
    We don't even HAVE a refurb section in the Swedish Apple Store.

Even worse is how Apple are proud about the "Shop for anyone in Europe!" thing.
    It's the same thing as just going to the Apple Store for a country -- in other words, I can't buy something from the Apple UK store and have it shipped to Sweden :-(

15. bntz313 macrumors 6502

I just got my quad 2.8 Mac Pro yesterday and let me say boy is it nice. Couldn't even tell it was refurbished, I can't wait until I get my monitor tuesday.

bluetooth comes with the mac pro-I think

16. sjobs@mac.com macrumors member

I am sure that you got rights to use the likeness and trademarked "Smurf" as your forum identifier.

If Mr. Jobs has an issue with this and lets me know I will gladly change it. Just in case you did not know it was a play on words as this is an apple based forum, and well Mr. Jobs IS apple. Send him an email using this address, if he answers, tell him that I do not take kindly to to others using my name as their email address as I could not use it when I signed up for Mobile Me. ;)

17. justit thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a white macbook also, although its a faster CPU I use the MBA because the display is amazing with more accurate color detail. It has every app loaded that my MP uses.

18. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Darn! Great deal!

I got my MP for $1999 as well (specs in signature). But really, even if I did get this one, I don't even know what I would do with 8 cores. Even with all the HD encoding that I do. :p