Apple Refurb must secretly admire me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Nov 4, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

So i was one of those that bought the new macbooks but didnt like the screen and sold it immediately. I started looking for replacements i thought about keeping my Air 1.8/SSD but it requires compromises which i wasn't sure i was ready to make. I then started looking at the MBP as an option

I didnt want to buy the new MBP because they're more expensive and slightly bigger/heavier. Next stop refurb. I manage to pick up one of last gen's models..a 2.5GHz stock model and it came to day

Well i got a hell of a deal because i got major stealth upgrades i.e. 2.5>2.6GHz & 2GB>4GB RAM and 250GB 5400 RPM to 200GB 7200 RPM all for a price thats CHEAPER than the macbook i got. Deal or what!.

To be honest i was leaning towards keeping the Air because its lighter to carry around but giving the upgrades i got, i can resoundingly say i'll be keeping the Pro now...i'll suck up the extra weight.

I'm still leery of the 8600GT issue but i guess 2 yr coverage isnt bad and i'll get AppleCare down the road.

2. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

You lucked out! Congrats :cool:

I love getting stealth upgrades on refurb machines, it's part of the excitement waiting for the delivery, you don't know what you might get :D

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congrats on your splendid new computer, and well done on the upgrades, what a fantastic tale. Enjoy your MBP and may both of you live long and prosper together.

Cheers and good luck