Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Original poster
Was looking on the refurb page of the Apple store, and it had under the clearance section:

MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (previous generation)
17-inch widescreen display
2GB memory
250GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
Built-in iSight Camera

And the specs are the same for the 17" on the page for the current models.

Query: Is this a misprint on the clearance/refurb site, or is it a pretty good sign that Apple's going to update the 17" at Macworld?

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Original poster
Would a minor hard drive and ram update on the same machine count as a change of generation?

Maybe I'm reading too much into my tea leaves, or mistaking my cheerios for alpha bits again, but I think this confirms that the 17" will be updated at Macworld.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Would a minor hard drive and ram update on the same machine count as a change of generation?

Maybe I'm reading too much into my tea leaves, or mistaking my cheerios for alpha bits again, but I think this confirms that the 17" will be updated at Macworld.

I think that Apple did do a model number change for the current 17" MacBook Pro...

But yeah, 17" unibody at MacWorld is virtually a lock. :D

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
It's a mystery, to be sure. Why wasn't the 17" MBP updated along with the 15" and the 13" MB? When it is updated will it have pretty much the same specs as the 15, or will it have something new?

Why has Apple held this one back?

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
It's a mystery, to be sure. Why wasn't the 17" MBP updated along with the 15" and the 13" MB? When it is updated will it have pretty much the same specs as the 15, or will it have something new?

Why has Apple held this one back?

The MBP17 is always the last to be updated, though occasionally it does feature the latest gimmick Apple wish to release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.