Apple refurb site revamped

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yoursh, May 31, 2007.

1. Yoursh macrumors 6502

2. seattle macrumors 6502

Looks like they need to fix part of the page yet.

3. cnybud macrumors member

cnybud

Looks better for sure and will make it easier for people to find stuff.

4. Yoursh thread starter macrumors 6502

It reminds me of the Support page revamp. It seems Apple is going with a more horizontal page layout instead of vertical columns. Maybe this is a hint at larger website redesign. Or maybe just better layout for widescreens.

5. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I like the new look. Surprised me when I was looking this morning, but I like the look of it. A lot easier to navigate too.

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

It's a great move that I'm not happy about. Now it will make that stuff sell even faster, which means less deals for me! (;

7. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I like the change. I found it annoying that the default page was iPods when I'm checking for hardware. Mind you, there is the same number of clicks to get there with the redo - so that's a wash.

I like the new page theme but like a previous poster said, this may be too inviting to others...

8. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Wonder when the Canadian site will be changed

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

when i bookmarked the old refurb site it would expire and make the bookmark useless. i hope they fixed this.

after wwdc (if apple releases new macbooks) i guess there will be lots of refurb macbooks and mbp. because many people will cancel their orders, pay the restocking fee and reorder the new notebooks. i hope to get a nice deal then.

10. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I just wish swapping the hard drive on the MBP didn't invalidate the warranty - the refurb prices on the current MBP's are going to be sooooo temping after new models come out. :mad:

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

yeah, i hope to get the 2.16GHz, 1GB, 120GB MBP for $1399.

alternatively a white MB 2.16gHz, 1GB, 120GB for $1099.

i hope these price guesses turn out to be true. 120GB HD is not perfect but i could live with it. in case of the MB it's easy to change the HD later.

12. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I like the change. Easier to find what you're looking for, and the shade of blue is excellent, IMO. Well done, fellas.

13. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I think the current base MBP will be either 1399 or 1449 for sure. And that is mighty sweet!

And yeah, 1099 for the MB will be very sweet.

I really want the screen real estate of the MBP over the MB. And the 120GB will not hold me - I have 160GB in my PowerBook and I'll want to use Parallels or BootCamp on the new machine, so I'm wanting a 160 or 200 in the new 'Book.

Only 1.5 weeks until we know what the new tasty treats will be... ;)

14. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i swapped out my HD in my Powerbook G4. it's a similar if not identical case as the MBP and it wasn't too hard to do. if there is a problem i'm sure i can swap them back and nobody would know. on ifixit.com should be a manual.

15. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I installed the 160GB in my PB as well. Swapping it on the MBP would invalidate the warranty and I suspect that they'd be able to tell that I've been inside of it if I needed to send it in. My PB was well out of warranty when I did the swap. It looks like the MBP swap is easier since my Rev A PB 15" Alum as there are not those bloody (not literally) release clips in the SuperDrive slot. That were a PIA!

EDIT: But I do really like the changes to the refurb site! A new direction for the store I reckon..

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

looks good to me. similar coloring to iTunes... makes me wonder if this is the new direction for their UIs, also i like the Clearance section.

17. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i would think if there is not obviuos damage from the swap the wouldn't find out or care. i hope there will be soon flash buffered hybrid hard drives that are compatible with standard hard drives. i would then put in one of those because waiting for the HD is what slows down my mac.

thats what i'm thinking about: http://www.samsung.com/Products/Har...N/HardDiskDrive_HybridHDD_FlashON_HM16HJI.asp

sorry, getting OT here......

18. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Apple Outlet Store...

It looks like the Apple refurb store got nice make over in the past day. They even have some hardware up today!

19. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

that is an interesting designation they have selected in choosing apple outlet. nothing too profound or anything, just interesting to me at this point.

20. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

iPod shuffle orange for $49.....hmmm tempting.

Another effort to streamline the store.

21. logansosa macrumors newbie

REFURBS not really refurbs

If you look at the apple refurb store, you will see that they have not only offered more refurbs on all their computers, they have also done modifications to some of them. Check out the Macbook Pro, you have 2.0ghz choices, you also have 2.16 ghz Macbook pros that come with 256MB of videoram, this suggests that the so called rumored upgrade is inevitable, and it also suggests that the case design is not so far off, why else would apple be modifying their own notebooks and putting them on refurb site.

22. logansosa macrumors newbie

refurb prices already reduced, you can get a MBP 2.16 ghz, 100gb hd, 1 gb ram, AND A 256 MB X1600 VIDEO CARD, for $1499

YOU CAN ALSO GET A MACBOOK 2.0ghz, for $849

THESE PRICES AND SPECS ARE GODLY

23. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

Wondering...

Is there a big difference between a 6 x DL burner vs. 8 x DL burner?

24. yagran macrumors 6502a

about a 1/3 more speed...

25. cnybud macrumors member

cnybud

Yeah that can be a problem. But at least when you are looking for that buy you can find it faster :)