Apple Refurb Store: Best Time To Buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SimonGarlick, Sep 3, 2009.

1. SimonGarlick macrumors member

Hi, I saw a post some time ago about the Apple Refurb Store. Someone said that the best time to find the best deals was a certain on a certain day of the week. I've tried searching the forum, with no luck and I can't recall the day or time.

Does anyone know when the best time is to check the Refurb Store for the latest offerings?

Thanks for any help in advance...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Pretty much right after a product is announced and all those people who detect a piece of lint on their screen come running back to exchange. Somewhere around there is when I see the refurb store booming.

3. steveOooo macrumors 6502a

i would say anytime is a good time to buy as theres always 2-3 generations of macs avail - ie you can still get the old style macbook pro 17" pre unibody

Its also worth fishing around ebay for a decent deal - i got a mbp 17" unibody with 320gb 7200rpm hdd, 4gb ram, with applecare up to march 2010 (i paid £93 off ebay and have extended this by two years) I paid intotal £1010 - including a bluetooth wireless mouse as well - all boxed in as new condition! a good £450 cheaper than getting the same mac off the refurb store.

4. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

If you mean time of day, early morning, i.e. 5 AM, or late at night, i.e. 12 AM or so, are the best times and usually have the widest selection for consumer to prosumer models (that's iMac, MacBook, MBP, and especially Mac mini), while the Mac Pro is available in Nehalem and Core 2 variants pretty much all day.