Apple refurb store estimated ship:

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plumbot, May 18, 2007.

1. plumbot macrumors newbie

I'm dying to pull the trigger on a 24" refurb iMac but not before I see what Steve has to say next month. That doesn't keep me from looking a the website every day to drool and I've noticed that the estimated ship quote has been getting shorter - 3-5 days changed to 1-2 days and tonight it says 24 hours. What do you think is the significance, if any, of this decrease? Others like me waiting for a potential expeditious update?

2. Halsey12 macrumors regular

My girlfriend just said to me that June 11th isn't that far away. That was after I described my hatred for the chin on the iMac, and my unwillingness to pimp out a mac mini that still has a Core Duo in it. I would love a newly designed 24" iMac, and will be ready and willing come the update.

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

For me there is nothing about the 24" iMac to drool about, for that kind of price I just tack on a few hundred more and get a Mac Pro and external display.

4. cnybud macrumors member

cnybud

I gotta ask the question here, but why would there be a wait on a refurbished model at all? Obviously they have them on hand, shouldn't they be able to toss them out within 24? Seems odd to me that a "stock" item would take more than that.

5. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I ordered a refurbished Black MacBook on Thursday. It had 5-7 days ship, plus 8 days ground. It left Apple the same day I ordered and by Saturday morning (today) it is in Mississauga Ontario.

So they do ship really quickly. The extra days are probably to cover their rears.

6. diamonddods macrumors newbie

Maybe they machines are listed as soon as they are received by apple and the shipping date is put there to allow for apples refurbishment program...

"Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:

is fully tested (including full burn-in testing).
    is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
    is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
    is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
    includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system. See each products "Learn More" for more details.
    is given a new refurbished part number and serial number.
    is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock."

Although it does say:
    "Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple's stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale."