Apple Refurbished Macbook Pro Store Outages?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pjr17, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Pjr17, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The available inventory of refurb models changes from day to day, as does the available configurations and prices. You just have to keep an eye out for what you want.

3. bent macrumors newbie

shortages signifying something else???

there are no refurbished 15" macbook pros on the Canadian or US site. yesterday in Canada there was at least 6 different models, today, nothing. i feel like this indicates something more than just brisk sales. i've been watching for months and have yet to see a time without a refurbished 15" macbook pro available in Canada. there's one 17" though. maybe something new is being repaired? or upgraded? or maybe a new model is coming and they're making adjustments to these? i don't know but i want to know.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why is it that every time a particular model is in temporary short supply, that so many jump to the conclusion that a new version of that model is coming out shortly? The fact that inventory levels move up and down, as they do on a daily basis, is not evidence that a new model is about to be announced. These wild speculations run rampant through this and other forums, most of the time with no credible substantiation. Check back in a few days and you'll likely see more refurbs available.

5. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

Especially since the refurb product stream is entirely distinct from the new product stream.

The only 15" MBPs you can buy new currently are 2.4 and 2.5 gHz. But you can buy 2.3 on the refurb site. Why would the disappearance of those completely distinct (and already outdated) refurbs have anything to do with the current model?

6. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

it was like this 5 months ago... nothing special.

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

8. nyzballa12 macrumors member

Inventory levels change all the times as Apple sells their refurbs, and as they use them to replace broken laptops taken in.