Apple refurbished store acting weird for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by perpetualweeknd, Aug 10, 2008.

1. perpetualweeknd macrumors newbie

Is it just something on my computer, or has anyone else been seeing weird changes in the Apple refurbished store? Specifically in the mac pro area, it seems very... unstable. Every time I hit "refresh" on my browser I see a different lineup of refurbished mac pros. Usually the first and last are the same two mac pro models that no one is ever going to buy, but every time I hit refresh the one or two (or three!) in the middle change configurations, availability (some say "not in stock"), and estimated shipping times.

I noticed this a few days ago for the first time, and I am still seeing it. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am coming up very close on the day I was planning to possibly buy a refurbed MP, but now it's doing this every time I go look.

Update: Of course, just as I am about to post this, it has stopped happening. But it has happened for enough time recently that I am still curious to know if anyone else has noticed it.

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Suuuuurrrrreee it is. :p

Maybe apple's finally got a more real-time stock system for the refurbs.

3. perpetualweeknd thread starter macrumors newbie

That's kind of what I was thinking. I don't know why I made such a big deal out of all this.

It was just weird because the changes didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason, things were going from out of stock to 1-2 weeks to ships in 24 hours to off the page over and over again. Your hypothesis is enough for me. THANKS.