Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Looks like Apple is trying to clean their inventory's as they are wiped out of just about every model in their Refurbished units?

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
Apple is not doing anything. People are just buying the refurbs like crazy right now, and there is just a limited supply.

I guess one reason is that the newest model was only a small upgrade, so that the early 2011 refurbs offer very good deals. Holiday season might also play a role here.

Also, this is the fourth thread on this topic in the last few days ;)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like Apple is trying to clean their inventory's as they are wiped out of just about every model in their Refurbished units?

They come and go as their refurb inventory ebbs and flows. As an example the Mac Mini usually only lasts one day in the refurbs. People buy these up in no time.

Lee Adama

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2011
California
refurbs do not last long, especially if they are sought after models.

If you happen to see one and it's something you've been thinking about - grab it!

trikky

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011

I personally wish people would clean out their apostrophe-s at the end of almost every word that happens to end with an 's'.

That personal peeve aside, I was quite surprised when there were no laptops available at all the other day, but after doing a quick search on the site (handy tool that), some of the explanations made perfect sense.

There's most likely simply a situation such as my own - I waited for the new models to come out, then pounced on a refurb from the previous model. The refurb price dropped and I saved some coin. As I wrote in another post, it appears I got the last available refurb of my specific model, as I've not seen another of its ilk listed for almost 2 weeks.

If you see one you want, pounce. :)

Ant.honey

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
New York City
We need a few more of these threads and at least 10 more "Which case for my MBP", "Which ram for my MBP", "Which SSD..." and "Can I downgrade to Snow Leopard"?

's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.