Apple refurbs at Apple retail Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ai4281, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ai4281 macrumors newbie

Hi, everyone.

I was wondering if I could walk into an Apple retail store and order a refurb Mac, and pick it up there on a later date.

Ordering online and getting it delivered is not an option for me right now, but I like the deals on the refurbished Macs.

Thanks

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

3. Roadking macrumors 6502

I agree with only being able to order them online. You might be able to find an older model laptop at a local retail store. i.e. Best Buy

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Apple won't receive a refurb for you and hold it, your best bet would be to go to Best Buy and see if they have any open box Macs for sale.

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Yeah, it's disappointing that you can't even ORDER freakin refurbs at the Apple Store. "We're sorry, retail is a different division than online....". That's effing weak! Wal-Mart can do that, so why can't Apple?

I should be able to walk into an Apple Store with cash, point to the website, tell them I want a refurb, and they should be able to order it and either ship it to the store for pickup or to my house.

If it makes life harder on the accountants, I don't give a flying fig.

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

but its pretty easy to just go to apple.com and order a refurb that way. Order before the 22nd and you will get it next day shipping for free...