Apple Refurbs Disappeared

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KidMoe85, Aug 24, 2009.

1. KidMoe85 macrumors member

I was about to place my order today for a MBP 13" refurb and I noticed that all the refurb models have disappeared from the Apple store. I read something about refurbs being updated on Tuesdays so will there be more posted tomorrow? Could this have something to do with Snow Leopard being released?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Highly doubtful. They'll just drop in a Snow Leopard disk. Refurbs always come installed with the OS with which they first shipped.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, as has been stated in dozens of threads like this, the inventory of refurbished Macs changes constantly, sometimes several times a day. It has nothing to do with any new releases. It's only a matter of what refurb models they receive and what people buy at any given point.

4. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I've noticed the same thing you have, the "Mac Refurbished" link is no longer on the left side of the store.. I noticed this like a month ago and so now I just type the word "refurbished" in the search bar at the top... it will bring up the link when you do that.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Are you referring to this?:
    Picture 4.jpg
    Or this?:
    Picture 5.jpg

6. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I was talking about the second picture you posted.. that link isn't there anymore when I go to the store. but I just now clicked on the "special deals" heading and it brought me to the refurbished page.. so I guess you don't really have to type it in the search bar like I thought

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If you noticed the store went nuts this morning (why they didn't take it down is still some what odd), I'd say give it a little. A lot of products went missing.

8. KidMoe85 thread starter macrumors member

Clicking on the second one brings you to the first. And that link never disappeared for me. What did disappear was all refurbished stock for all Macs. I just checked again though and it looks like everything is back. I think it had something to do w/ Apple updating the site for SL.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes, some accessories are still not up.

10. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Try a different browser. I just tried on Firefox and I got in.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They are up on Safari, I am nearly positive that it was simply a matter of updating the store, not a browser compatibility issue.

12. belvdr macrumors 603

Not only that but the products reappeared too. I noticed the missing products this morning.