Apple refused my money??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hovscorpion12, Nov 11, 2017.

1. hovscorpion12, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017

hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

An Apple Store in NH willingly refused to take my money for the 25GB iPhone X. The Apple Store employee admitted that they have stock in the iPhone X 256 for Verizon, however due to the store being in NH (with no sales tax) and the phone being in "high demand", they can not sell the phone to a walk in customer. Only to a "reservation". That is illegal. The employee stated that NH is the only state that can refuse service, and that any state will gladly accept my money. I drove 50m to NH because that is the only store that has one available.

I do accept that this phone is in high demand. I do accept that for the first few months there will be limited available for walk in's. I do not and will not accept a specific store refusing my money just because they are located in NH. I will say it again.

THIS IS ILLEGAL. Nowhere does it say online or any news outlet that Apple stores in the state of NH have been placed in a "state of emergency" and will only sell to "special" customers.

For those who are curious, I do have an iPhone X 256 T-mobile and was looking to purchase one for my father for his B-Day.

2. Hooterville macrumors 68000

Hooterville

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

4. ^^BIGMac macrumors 6502a

^^BIGMac

LOL

Apple doesn't need your money.

#$trillionCompany

5. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502a

Knockoutjosie

6. macfacts macrumors 68040

macfacts

So walk out the store for 5min and reserve it on your phone for in store pickup.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This sounds like a civil issue. You would likely have to look up Apples terms and conditions regarding this specific policy and any state accordances.

8. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Well, if all phones were reserved that they had in stock I can understand. If they weren’t, doesn’t sound reasonable. They want to sell phones and your putting $1200+ in their hand.. Easy money if you ask me. Many cancel their reservation or don’t show up so money in hand is better than a promise. Glad you got your phone even though it was a pain. Enjoy it!

9. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Instead of complaining on here go back and ask for a manger. 2 sides to every story though. Feel like you’re leaving something out.

10. SamwellG macrumors member

11. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

illegal?

——
    this is like saying you walked into a restaurant that had open tables except they wouldn’t seat you as the tables were for those with reservations.

12. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

13. serialiphoneuser macrumors regular

This whole iPhone X is in short supply and there's a huge demand is total fluke!

14. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

If you were willing to drive 50 miles, why didn't you reserve first to ensure stock? They could have sold out in. that time.

15. NoBoMac Moderator

NoBoMac

Staff Member

16. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

No civil liberties have bee violated. There is no discrimination going on here. You just disagree with policy.

~fin

17. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

It's to prevent scalpers from buying them in states with no sales tax.
    Reserve it online next time.

18. hovscorpion12 thread starter macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

This thread can be Closed.

I completely forgot about the Tax free law in Oregon, Wisconsin as well as other states. Please disregard.

19. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I'm sorry but Wisconsin is not a tax free state and I live in Wisconsin. When I purchased my iPhone X, there was a sales tax on it. And yes you can walk in and buy one in WI.

Not sure if it autocorrected but I take it that you meant Washington State?

20. ImBuz macrumors 6502

ImBuz

They did the same here in Cali--for airpods--walk in no luck--go to order page order--go pick up--crazy I know--I did the same for iPhone X-on the 4th-even though you could not walk up and buy.

21. csurfr macrumors 68020

Yeah, he must have meant the reciprocity agreement that Washington has with Oregon.

22. Diorama macrumors 6502a

Lol, what do you think fluke means?

23. hovscorpion12 thread starter macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Yes. Sorry. Washington and Oregon. I just figured that after a week, the scalper rule sort of faded out. To answer some of those who said to just reserve online I can't. I wanted to reserve a VZ iPhone, however my current number wouldn't allow a reservation since it is T-Mobile number.

24. LarryJoe33 macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

I am from MA and I never heard of this. Are you sure you weren’t confused and the reservations were for “reserved” phones bought online for pickup at store? Was he just telling you they had Xs in the back but they were already sold/reserved?