Apple Refusing to Ship

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seeharrison, Mar 19, 2012.

1. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

So I just got a call from Macmall and they said that Apple is refusing to ship to my address because it's a PO Box. The thing is my address isn't a PO box! It's a physical address with an Apt number that I always list as #162 instead of Apt 162. Has anyone else heard of this? I paid with my AMEX that has a matching shipping/billing address. I ordered online to save the tax, but it looks like I may be stuck going into a store.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

3. seeharrison thread starter macrumors regular

seeharrison

The order was placed through Macmall, so I don't have an apple order number or anything to reference. Do you think Apple would still be able to help? I waiting on a call back from a manager at Macmall to fully explain what's going on.

4. Built macrumors 68020

If you purchase from Macmall, doesn't the shipment come directly from Macmall and NOT from Apple?

It seems to me that it is not Apple that is refusing to ship it to your address...it is Macmall...

5. seeharrison thread starter macrumors regular

seeharrison

That's kind of what I thought too. The sales rep told me that in order to offer faster shipping times, Macmall often drop ships from various warehouses. This makes me wonder if it's drop shipping directly from Apple. What a mess. It's supposedly on back order until 3/30, so I've got some time before it will actually ship.

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

4 of my 6 iPads were just shipped direct from Apple to a PO Box. My office address is a PO Box, that way I've got an agent there all the time to accept shipments, parcels, etc.

Sounds like a MacMall policy, they are just passing the blame onto Apple to deflect your anger from them.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I've ordered from Apple several times, always use an apartment number, so it's not them.

8. seeharrison thread starter macrumors regular

seeharrison

Good to know! If the Macmall manager doesn't resolve my issue, I'll just cancel the order and place an order with B&H or J&R.

Thanks for all the input!

9. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Do you not have the best access to any place that would have it in stock? I would cancel my order, just because I wouldn't put up with that type of hassle from a company when plenty of other sources have it available.

10. seeharrison thread starter macrumors regular

seeharrison

I'm trying to order from an online retailer to save the $65+/- in tax. I'm sure I could find one somewhere locally.

11. Pumapayam macrumors member

Pumapayam

It does not ship from Apple, it ships from MacMall's Tennessee warehouse.

Just update the shipping address from # to APT

Sounds like you did not need to start a thread to get that answer.

12. seeharrison thread starter macrumors regular

seeharrison

The billing address for my cc goes to a # and not an Apt, so I can't just update the shipping address. Now that I know it's not an Apple policy, I can order through another online retailer.

13. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've ordered several items from Apple since I got my Personal Mail Box (PMB). It has an actual physical address but sometimes I either add "#xxx" or "Num XX" or "PMB xx" and I've never had any problem. When I enter PMBox, it doesn't work however, but the others do. It's not an apartment, but I still get my stuff delivered. So, I have no idea why you're having this issue. I doubt it's on Apple's side.

14. Pumapayam macrumors member

Pumapayam

Unless your credit card specifically requires that, you won't get declined.

I use #, unit, APT, TH, or even nothing.

They all work fine.

Try it first.