Apple release a newer version of GM this 18?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kaiseryeahhh, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Apple release a major version of GM this Wednesday?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2013.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. kaiseryeahhh macrumors regular

kaiseryeahhh

seeing ios 7 (especially in the ipad) work more like a beta than an apple product, you think that this Wednesday's version will be a compilation presenting superior to GM?

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

All my iPad 2 issues were fixed with the GM. Only third party apps have been an issue...and even many of those have already been updated and are now working for me. :confused:

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I haven't heard of a ground breaking bugs so I am going to guess it will be the same as the GM.

4. Appledict macrumors member

Appledict

I don't really think so (but I hope they will) ...

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Doubt it as then the millions of 5C's and 5S's ready to ship would be temporarily obsolete.

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Touch over the top with the term "obsolete", Apple would simply need to issue a.1 update for devices running 7.0, these devices wouldn't stop working until this was issued. That said, I don't see it happening.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Correct.
    Better to have simply stated Apple would be causing a bit of a logjam on release for those activating new iPhones along with those updating their iPhones.

8. G-Force macrumors 6502a

I guess the GM build is what we are getting later this month, but I think there will be a 7.0.1 release in very short time.

9. brendu macrumors 68020

My iPad 2 issues were mostly fixed. No more gestures killing the iPad. But when I close apps there is a dark background for a second before the correct one pops up. It's been a bug for awhile. I wonder if the iPad can handle the graphics...?

10. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

That I could see happening. Millions of people suddenly using software will highlight any more bugs quite quickly.

11. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

Would like to see a bit more optimisation for lower end devices such as my iPhone 4, but I'll be getting a 5s so they can do what they want with the 4. :D

12. DariusX macrumors regular

I don't think you know what "obsolete" means.

13. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Yes, there are bugs, nothing huge that would interefere with functionality, with the exception of support for playing .3ga audio files (Android voice files).

Other bugs I have found are related to:
    - Adding a photo to a contact
    - AppStore app launcehd from another app; sometimes, you can't go back to the previous screen.
    - Mail app: when searching there's no longer a way to choose to search by field (From, To, Subject, All)
    - Podcast App: not supporting .m4b files (to show embeeded images)
    - Music App: not showing all embeeded images in Audiobooks. No easy way to browse through chapters, etc. Alternative: Downcast

there are other bugs that don't really affect me much, reason why I can't remember these now.