- Apr 12, 2001
Apple yesterday released a number of software updates targeting users of its AirPort and Time Capsule wireless network products, RAW-capable cameras, and MobileMe for Windows.
The AirPort and Time Capsule updates begin with AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.5.2 for the devices themselves, offering a number of bug fixes and other changes.Some of the fixes include the following:
- General fixes to Wi-Fi base station stability
- Fixes some issues with AirPlay streaming
- General fixes with USB interoperability including connection to external storage devices
- Fixes some issues with NAT port mapping settings
- Disables TKIP security with 802.11n rates per the Wi-Fi Alliance specificationsSeveral security issues are also addressed in the update.
Alongside the firmware update, Apple also released Airport Utility 5.5.2 for Mac and Windows, bringing several fixes to the software used to administer AirPort base stations.This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
- Resolves an issue that caused the DHCP settings tab to display incorrectly
- Resolves an issue that caused the application to quit unexpectedly when automatically launched
- Resolves an issue that prevented the network password from being stored in the Keychain when the network on the 5GHz band was named differentlyOn the digital photography front, Apple released Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.5, adding RAW image support for a number of cameras.This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:
- Canon PowerShot G12
- Leica D-Lux 5
- Leica V-Lux 2
- Nikon D7000
- Nikon COOLPIX P7000
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2Finally, Apple updated MobileMe Control Panel for Windows to version 1.6.5, bringing fixes for several issues and improving reliability for the new MobileMe Calendar in Outlook.
Article Link: Apple Releases AirPort, Digital Camera RAW, and MobileMe Control Panel Updates