Apple Releases Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today released Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4, extending RAW file support for a number of cameras to Aperture 2 and iPhoto '08.

This update extends RAW file compatibility for Aperture 2 and iPhoto 08 for the following cameras:

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon PowerShot G10
Pentax K2000/K-m
Leaf AFi-II 6
Leaf AFi-II 7
Leaf Aptus-II 6
Leaf Aptus-II 7
Leica M8.2

It also addresses issues related to specific cameras and overall stability.
The update weighs in at 3.79 MB and requires OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.3 or later.

Article Link: Apple Releases Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
It also addresses issues related to specific cameras and overall stability.
I like the part about "overall stability". Just this morning and last night Aperture was in a "crash loop" where It would run for 5 minutes then crash and Mac OS would offer a dialog box asking if I wanted to restart. I'd click "restart" and in a very few minutes. Crash again. Turns out I had to disable the generation of pre-views. I had just imported 350 large TIFF files (100MB to 1GB each) and Aperture was likely choking of those large files and crashing. It would be nice to have preview images to work with.

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
Hallelujah

I've been thinking about getting the G10 because I wanted to take advantage of the RAW capability but was worried there was no compatibility on the apple side. I worry no more.

RussOniPhone

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Nikon D90 - Green Raw Files

Seems like Apple fixed the intermittent green raw file problem, Thank you Apple. :):):):)

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Reboot required?!?!? Really???

Reboot required, Come on... Really??? This isn't a system update.

This is just silly in a Unix environment to have to reboot the whole system for an update like this.

Serif

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
UK
Reboot required, Come on... Really??? This isn't a system update.

This is just silly in a Unix environment to have to reboot the whole system for an update like this.
Yes. Coming from a Unix/Linux background the number of updates put out that require a restart was quite an eye opener. If Debian can update everything including the kernel without requiring a reboot, you'd think Apple might be able to manage things like updates to image capture/conversion libraries in the same way.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
Come on Apple!!! I have had my Panasonic Lumix LX3 since the summer and am still waiting for RAW compatibility for it. How long does it take?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.