Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released Final Cut Server 1.5.1, bringing a number of improvements to the company's back-end package for managing Final Cut video production tasks.
Final Cut Server 1.5.1 is a revision to Final Cut Server 1.5. This update addresses general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues. This update is recommended for all users of Final Cut Server 1.5.

The issues addressed include:

- Fixes possible slowdown in the check-in and check-out process
- Fixes status display in Downloads & Uploads window
- Locked assets are now skipped in the archive process
- Fixes archiving and restore for bundle assets
- Improves reliability of adding and removing archive devices
Full details on changes included in the update are available in the associated release notes.

The update weighs in at 40 MB and officially requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.8, but Final Cut Server 1.5 is also compatible with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Article Link: Apple Releases Final Cut Server 1.5.1

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
The one problem with Final Cut Server is it's utterly, completely, a failure from the ground up. There are quite a few products out there which absolutely outshine it in every way.

This topic title should read "Apple Releases Final Cut Server 1.5.1, post production industry wonders why they're still bothering."

I'm sure by the time 4.0 comes out they'll have included the features they promised in 1.0.. :rolleyes:

Nicky G

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
The one problem with Final Cut Server is it's utterly, completely, a failure from the ground up. There are quite a few products out there which absolutely outshine it in every way.

This topic title should read "Apple Releases Final Cut Server 1.5.1, post production industry wonders why they're still bothering."

I'm sure by the time 4.0 comes out they'll have included the features they promised in 1.0.. :rolleyes:

Pretty big words Andy, I don't know if I'd go quite that far. Not lived up to its potential, and certainly missing some very nice features that were in the beta, to be sure. But it does some things pretty well.

I'm curious what other solutions you like/prefer. You thinking along the lines of CatDV? Building4Media Fork? I'm trying to size up all DAM systems right now that plug in nicely to a Final Cut/Xsan scenario.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Apple says:
In order to successfully update Final Cut Server 1.5 to Final Cut Server 1.5.1, you will need to install Pro Applications Update 2009-01 first.​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.