Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released two software updates related to their professional creative packages.

Final Cut Server Update 1.1 requires Mac OS X 10.5.3 and weighs in at 50.1 MB.
This update addresses issues with the check in/check out process for Final Cut Pro projects, fixes issues with double-byte character sets, and improves the general reliability of the software.

It is recommended for all Final Cut Server 1.0 users.

For more information about this software update, see the Release Notes.
Pro Applications Update 2008-02 requires Mac OS X 10.5.3 or 10.4.11 and weighs in at 138 MB.
Pro Applications Updates improve reliability for Apple's professional applications and are recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio.

Pro Applications Update 2008-02 addresses installation issues, compatibility updates, and general performance issues and improves overall stability.

Applications included in the update:

Final Cut Pro 6.0.4
Compressor 3.0.3

For more information about this software update, see the Release Notes

Article Link

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm assuming this is just for users using the current versions of the software (ie FC Studio 2, etc.)

Is this a correct assumption?

moabon.rob

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
Cardiff, UK
Seems to be 34.5 MB for me...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 112

Nicky G

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm assuming this is just for users using the current versions of the software (ie FC Studio 2, etc.)

Is this a correct assumption?

Aye.

daveporter

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
Green Cove Springs, FL
Although the documentation states that this update is recommended for Logic Studio owners that does not appear to be the case. Software update does not show the update and trying to manually download the update file fails if you give your Logic Studio serial number when you are asked for one to enable the download.

Anyone have a different experience with this?

Dave

Deerhunter04

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Illinois
Although the documentation states that this update is recommended for Logic Studio owners that does not appear to be the case. Software update does not show the update and trying to manually download the update file fails if you give your Logic Studio serial number when you are asked for one to enable the download.

Anyone have a different experience with this?

Dave
I'm experiencing the same thing.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Could you folks already be running Compressor 3.0.3? The version posted on Apple's site is probably a combo updater. If you've previously updated Logic Studio (using Pro Applications Update 2008-01 for example), you should already have Compressor 3.0.3 and thus wouldn't need this update. But if you're running a clean install of Logic Studio, you could use this to bring it up to date.

The Compressor 3.0.3 update listed for this is not new...it came out last November. The Final Cut Pro 6.0.4 update, however, is new, but doesn't apply to Logic Studio users.

If Software Update doesn't list it, chances are pretty darn good that you don't need it.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
I am really happy about this update. I never ever update Quicktime unless there is an update for FCS as well. You never know if a QT about doesn't break something in your ProApps. Even then it is a little bit of a game . . .

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Could you folks already be running Compressor 3.0.3? The version posted on Apple's site is probably a combo updater. If you've previously updated Logic Studio (using Pro Applications Update 2008-01 for example), you should already have Compressor 3.0.3 and thus wouldn't need this update. But if you're running a clean install of Logic Studio, you could use this to bring it up to date.

The Compressor 3.0.3 update listed for this is not new...it came out last November. The Final Cut Pro 6.0.4 update, however, is new, but doesn't apply to Logic Studio users.

If Software Update doesn't list it, chances are pretty darn good that you don't need it.

If that's the case, why do they say it's recommended for all Logic Studio users?

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
London
Well my issue with STP, was that after replacing the failed HD in my Macbook (3rd party-Hitachi-never buying another from them) I had to (re)install Logic Studio (8) from the install DVDs, and it wouldn't let me install Compressor, which appeared to be a pre-requisite for installing STP.

Previously I had installed Studio 8 as an UPDATE to my installed Logic 7

SO...running STP it just crashed on launch.

Trashed and tried a re-install, but still no compressor option, so no STP.

Tried Pacifist, installed Compressor, then re-installed STP, and Lo and Behold!

Not only did STP run, as well as Compressor, I also saw the Pro Apps updates (2007 and 2008) appear in software updater. Ran those, and all still well, and now saw another STP updater too.

So try Pacifist with your Logic Studio Install discs...
worked for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.