Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases Final Cut Studio Add-Ons

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today released three add-ons for Final Cut Studio, bringing additional functionality to the company's professional video editing application suite.

Compressor Droplets weighs in at 103 KB and allows users to create customized workflows accessible from clickable Desktop icons.
Droplets allow you to create a standalone Compressor preset that you can use on your desktop. These droplets provide streamlined encoding for batch templates, along with video conversions for Flip Camcorder and iPhone 3GS - all made to work with Compressor 3.5.
Color Looks weighs in at 5.3 MB and adds dozens of filters and other looks for video processing.
Give your project the feel of a favorite movie with more than 90 additional Apple-designed looks made to work with Color 1.5. Looks include a variety of glows, sepias, vignettes, and much more.
Alpha Transitions weighs in at 768 MB and brings Apple-designed transition to Final Cut video projects.
Enhance your video project with nine Apple-designed transitions made to work with Final Cut Pro 7. Each transition includes a clip and moving mattes in both SD and HD resolutions.
All three add-ons require OS X 10.5.6 or later, QuickTime 7.6, and Final Cut Studio.

Article Link: Apple Releases Final Cut Studio Add-Ons

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I bought Final Cut Pro some years back but I don't have a current version of Final Cut Studio. Hearing about all these new features tempts me to upgrade at last. Then I could impress my friends with "my" great transitions and other effects, unless they know my secret.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
I also looked at these on Apple's site the day they announced FCS 3. Who posted this story lol? :confused: :rolleyes:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
They popped up today on Apple's download pages as new, so I posted the story. I'm not a Final Cut user, so I wasn't aware that they had already been out for awhile.

I have no idea why they just made it to Apple's download page today.

gkp

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2009
How to install?

downloaded, but how do I install or replace existing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.