Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the fourth beta of macOS Ventura 13.5 to its public beta testing group, allowing the general public to try out the software ahead of its official launch. The macOS Ventura 13.5 public beta comes a day after Apple provided the fourth beta to developers.

Ventura-Macs-Feature-Red.jpg

Public beta testers can download the macOS 13.5 Ventura update from the Software Update section of the System Preferences app after installing the proper profile from Apple's beta software website.

There is no word as of yet on what's included in macOS Ventura 13.5, and no notable new features were found in the developer betas.

macOS 13.5 will be one of the last updates to the macOS Ventura operating system as Apple prepares for the fall launch of macOS Sonoma.

Article Link: Apple Releases Fourth Public Beta of macOS Ventura 13.5

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
There it is with the usual 1 day delay after the developer beta - I am done with Ventura, want the Sonoma public beta, hopefully within the next couple weeks or so

BigBrotherNowWatching

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
The Blue Planet
we all hope for more quality in future mac os releases… especially in terms of security!

and maybe there will be an option to dial back the sys config design

maybe apple also bans their outsourced call center agents - which are completely useless

and maybe in the future the lockdown mode supports the ios file app on ios ?

Ilde

macrumors member
May 4, 2022
Hi,
It looks like not many people is still interested in Monterey betas or updates. I'm running macOS Sonoma beta 2 and, in my humble opinion, is one of the initial betas running smooth and not too buggy so far, since my first contact with Mojave beta releases. This is what I think when counting the fewer posts on the latests articles in this site.

Regards,

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
The full installers are available now for

Ventura 13.5 beta 4 build 22G5059d
Monterey 12.6.8 RC 2 build 21G716
Big Sur 11.7.9 RC 2 build 20G1416

Rather than put links here, here is a way to display them in Terminal. I include the one for Sonoma too for completeness sake, although there is no new Sonoma today.

So to display the links to InstallAssistant.pkg in Terminal use these commands:

Sonoma

Code:
for file in $(curl -# https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-14seed-14-13-12-10.16-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog | grep Info.plist | grep -Evw '(Info.plist.integrityDataV1|InstallInfo.plist)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g); do
    curl -# $file | egrep -EA 1 '(>Build<|OSVersion)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g | sed -e s/"<key>"//g -e s/"<\/key>"//g -e s/\ //g
    echo $file | sed -e "s/Info.plist/InstallAssistant.pkg/g"
done

Ventura

Code:
for file in $(curl -# https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-13seed-13-12-10.16-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog | grep Info.plist | grep -Evw '(Info.plist.integrityDataV1|InstallInfo.plist)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g); do
    curl -# $file | egrep -EA 1 '(>Build<|OSVersion)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g | sed -e s/"<key>"//g -e s/"<\/key>"//g -e s/\ //g
done

Monterey

Code:
for file in $(curl -# https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-12seed-12-10.16-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog | grep Info.plist | grep -Evw '(Info.plist.integrityDataV1|InstallInfo.plist)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g); do
done

Big Sur

Code:
for file in $(curl -# https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.16seed-10.16-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog | grep Info.plist | grep -Evw '(Info.plist.integrityDataV1|InstallInfo.plist)' | sed -e s/"<string>"//g -e s/"<\/string>"//g -e s/\ //g); do
done

These commands are more useful than actual links because they can be reused in the future for future betas too.

There will be many InstallAssistant.pkg's listed but usually the most recent applicable ones should be at or near the end of the lists.

Last edited:

squirrelist

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Then why does the article say, that this is one of the last updates of Ventura?
I think it's a matter of semantics. "Updates" in this context means features, optimizations, and bug fixes. It doesn't include security patches which will continue for two more years if Apple follows the standard pattern.

iPaulie81

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2014
I'm still rocking Monterey. Not in a rush to upgrade.
Same here. My M1 Pro 16" works quite well on Monterey. However, I did get a random kernel panic yesterday. The biggest issue I have noticed is with the Dock app freezing. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue?

Tranel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2019
You can wait how long you want, but Ventura was way better than Monterey from start. It's running rock solid. But however, everyone can do what he/she/it wants.

johto

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Finland
Same here. My M1 Pro 16" works quite well on Monterey. However, I did get a random kernel panic yesterday. The biggest issue I have noticed is with the Dock app freezing. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue?
No idea. Haven't experienced any of those. I haven't had kernel panic even once on my M1 Air. Are you running some weird third party apps or hardware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.