Apple Releases iLife Support 8.1.1

sananda

macrumors 68020
May 24, 2007
me too. it says: This update supports system software components shared by all iLife ’08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues. It is recommended for all users of iLife ’08.

well, i've installed it and ...er... i must say safari does seem snappier.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases iLife Support 8.1.1

Apple released an update to iLife '08 today:

iLife Support 8.1.1

This update supports system software components shared by all iLife ’08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues. It is recommended for all users of iLife ’08.

Article Link

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
is anyone else noticing more responsive image-flipping when scrolling over an event in iPhoto? I'm on a G4 (dual 867) and feel like the update gave a very noticeable speed increase.

mrweirdo

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2005
good to know allthough I probably wont install it yet. Just because I will be installing leopard tomorrow so i'll be waiting until then ;)

Yuppi

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2007
I have the strange problem that when I start iPhoto I get the message that the new 7.1 version is there. But when I open the update Dialog it does not show anything, except for the 1.1 iMac update. Does anyone have the same problem?
Edit: I found the problem, I moved all iLife applications to an iLife folder within my applications which seems to be an bad idea.. Moving apps in general seems to be a bad idea as I learned now :(

tigerphilosophy

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2007
MD
Anyone had this happen?

Well just in time. :eek: Been doing major editing iPhoto slideshows to fit music before exporting to movies. iPhoto stalled and simply lost 7 of my sideshows. :( Downloaded and installed the iLife update (hoping for stability to fix lost slideshows). Could not find help on help forums and telephone lines busy today so couldnt get help (and dont expect to tomorrow with Leopard release).

I think I need to resolve where they disappeared to before installing Leopard (arrives FEDEX tomorrow morning). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:eek:

DWKlink

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2003
New York, NY
Yeah!

Fixed the problem where opening preferences would cause the spinning beach ball for several minutes on my G5! I'm psyched!

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
What about those WITHOUT iLife'08?

I keep getting a Software Update notice that I should download "iLife '08 Support 8.1.1" (as well as iDVD 6.0.4)... but I don't even have iLife'08 on my machine! :confused:

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Out if interest what's your issue with iPhoto over NFS? It works fine for me.
I don't have permission to read the new package format of the iPhoto Library.

Now note, I do have permission but it I don't think it likes that my home directory is /private/var/automount/homes/"username". :rolleyes:

It isn't the first time that applications have broken like this. I'm looking at you Adobe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.