Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases iLife Support, iDVD, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand Updates

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has released a number of updates for the iLife '08 suite this afternoon.

iLife Support 8.1
This update supports system software components shared by all iLife ’08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues. It is recommended for all users of iLife ’08.

iDVD 7.0.1
This update improves overall stability, supports general compatibility issues, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

iMovie 7.1
This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities, and performance associated with opening and switching iMovie Events and Projects. This update also supports general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

GarageBand 4.1
This update addresses isolated graphic display issues, compatibility with 3rd party audio software, fixes minor problems with Magic GarageBand, and supports general compatibility issues.

iPhoto 7.1
This update addresses issues encountered when moving photos between Events, plus new greeting card themes, including holiday card designs. It also supports general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

Article Link

KJESPOKO

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
I hope this fixes the problem with iDVD shutting down. I have also had problems with iMovie and when I export a movie to Quicktime. Once the movie finishes exporting it will just sit until I force quite the program. Hopefully this update has a fix for these problems.

Macbook Pro
iPod Nano black 8GB
iPhone 8GB

Comment

fooey

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
can anyone give details about the imovie update?

"This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities"

sounds promising

Comment

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
can anyone give details about the imovie update?

"This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities"

sounds promising

ooooh you're right. didn't even catch that. Verrrrrry interesting. I wouldn't be the one to check it since I have not used most of the editing features of '08 yet. Unless the changes are really obvious, I wouldn't notice.

Comment

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
magic garageband now seems to work on my g4 previously having been unable to play anything.

Comment

Mac2004

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2004
How come with the new version of IPhoto 7 you cannot click on a photo and zoom in realy close to something on the photo. In the previous version you could move the button over to the right and zoom in really close to a photo. With the newest version I cannot seem to do it.

Comment

jephrey

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2005
Yeah, I haven't been able to minimize by double clicking the top bar in at least iPhoto (and possibly other iLife/iWork apps) but continues to work in every other program.

I hope that's fixed.

J

Comment

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
i can only hope these updates snuck in support for their iPhone counterparts that will be released in this weeks update! ok so maybe not but that would rock.

Comment

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Not as much as 10.4.10, not very nice when trying to convince someone that Macs are simple :)

What's the problem with that?

The box pops up and says a software update is available. The user doesn't even have to know what the OS update is called, that's about as simple as you can get.

Comment

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
unfortunately for me iphoto is still compressing images prior to putting them on a web gallery.

Comment

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
How come with the new version of IPhoto 7 you cannot click on a photo and zoom in realy close to something on the photo. In the previous version you could move the button over to the right and zoom in really close to a photo. With the newest version I cannot seem to do it.

You have to put it into edit mode first.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.