• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a pair of software updates for iMovie and Aperture users.

iMovie 8.0.2 weighs in at 24.5 MB and requires OS X 10.5.6.This Software Update fixes an issue with projects having a size of 0 KB. Attempting to open these projects would cause iMovie to quit unexpectedly at launch.

This Software Update also addresses a problem where full-screen mode could not be accessed on some systems.Aperture 2.1.3 weighs in at 48.11 MB and requires OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.3 or later.This update improves overall stability and addresses minor issues in a number of areas, including the display of thumbnails on import and image rotation.Update: Apple has also released Server Admin Tools 10.5.6v1.1, which weighs in at 92.7 MB and requires OS X 10.5.6. Information on the update, which includes two changes to System Image Utility and two to Server Admin, can be found in the accompanying support document.

Article Link: Apple Releases iMovie 8.0.2, Aperture 2.1.3 and Server Admin Tools Updates

Bad Paper

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
graphite clamshell
aha! I've been counseling my skeptical wife on our new workflow in Aperture on our new iMac (vs Photo$hop on our old PC), and we were bitten by the image rotation bug. She was not pleased.

Comment

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Glad to see that the bug with propagating permissions in Server Admin has been fixed--I'd run into it a few times. Odd, though, that it's still showing v10.5.3 after installing; did the installer fail, or is that a bad version number?

Comment

ndash

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2009
problems updating to 2.1.3 Aperture

I am using aperture 2.1.1. I downloaded the update 2.1.3, but when I try to install it an error box pops up and states I need to have Aperture 2.x or greater and does NOT install. Any suggestions??

Comment

fivenotrump

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
Central England
Glad to see that the bug with propagating permissions in Server Admin has been fixed--I'd run into it a few times. Odd, though, that it's still showing v10.5.3 after installing; did the installer fail, or is that a bad version number?

Something odd about this update: the linked page is from January, when
the original SATools 10.5.6 came out. Nothing about this version 1.1...

Comment

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Update: Apple has also released Server Admin Tools 10.5.6v1.1, which weighs in at 92.7 MB and requires OS X 10.5.6. Information on the update, which includes two changes to System Image Utility and two to Server Admin, can be found in the accompanying support document.

Apple has finally fixed the problem where Macs booted from an image or restored from an image end up with the same computer name. That problem plagued us at school.

We keep the Server Admin Tools in the netrestore image that we use to set up each student computer, but in a password protected disk image. That way, students can't launch these programs, but an administrator can use any Mac to access the server.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.