Apple Releases iOS 10.0.2 With Fixes for Headphone, Photos, and App Extension Bugs

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 23, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today released the first official update to the iOS 10 operating system, just 10 days after releasing iOS 10 to the public and two days after seeding the first iOS 10.1 beta.

iOS 10.0.2 can be downloaded as an over-the-air update on all devices running iOS 10.

[​IMG]

Today's update includes fixes for several minor bugs that have been discovered since the operating system was released.

A bug that caused the new Lightning EarPods designed for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus to stop working properly has been addressed. EarPods have been timing out after a short period of time when listening to music, rendering the remote unresponsive and unable to control volume, access Siri, and answer phone calls.

The update also resolves an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when activating iCloud Photo Library and fixes an issue that prevented enabling some app extensions.

iOS 10 is a major update that includes features like a redesigned Lock screen experience, a revamped Messages app with a full App Store, a Siri SDK for developers, new looks and features for Maps and Apple Music, and tons more.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 10.0.2 With Fixes for Headphone, Photos, and App Extension Bugs

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

That happened to me a couple of times too with the Photos app crashing. Glad they pushed a fix for it quickly.

4. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

Can anyone let me know if the low keyboard click volume has been fixed in this update?

5. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

Now what the haters have to say?

Good luck with your Android now!

6. JMPATLANTA macrumors member

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Any fix for the "no coverage" complete reception drop outs I get several times per day? It's possible this needs to come from the carrier, but I'm surprised no one has addressed this other than on Tmobile.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Waiting for the update to repair the Airplane mode issue. Have not used it since it was reported. Hopefully that's next.

9. haydn! macrumors 6502a

I'd be curious to see if there are battery life improvements as since upgrading to ios10 my 6s has barely made it to 5pm before needing a charge.

10. jimothyGator, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

jimothyGator macrumors regular

jimothyGator

There's a bug in the headline (it's missing the word "Fixes" at the end).

(Never mind; either it's been fixed, or there's a bug in my reading skills).

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

12. iCloudStrife macrumors regular

iCloudStrife

I s'pose I still can’t star rate my music on iOS though, right?

13. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

14. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

15. MacBird macrumors 6502a

Is your car paired to your phone via Bluetooth? It works for me.

16. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Of course. It worked a while back in some of the betas but has since quite working. I have a theory its due to my connected car wifi.

17. MacBird macrumors 6502a

Weird, if I ask Siri "Where did I park my car?" it opens Maps and shows the location.

18. shoorty0690 macrumors member

They need to add back the Siri function of setting reminders for emails. It works for everything else but emails... Its like one of 2 things I ever used Siri for...

19. Danilo - Italy macrumors regular

Me too

20. jmh600cbr macrumors 6502a

jmh600cbr

They are

21. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

22. jntdroid, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

jntdroid macrumors regular

23. nostaws macrumors 6502

nostaws

Tell me how it goes. Last time (a week ago) I updated my phone, I couldn't use it for a few hours, and was worried I lost everything.

Fool me once...

24. CrystalQuest76 Suspended

Does it fix the problem that i have with Keyboard Text replacements? On my iPad 2, my text replacement library disappeared when i upgraded to iOS 10. The list is fine on my iPhone 6 and Mac. I am able to add new entries on my iPhone or Mac and they synchronize back and forth with each other but the iPad seems to be entirely out of the synchronization loop. I have tried restarting the iPad as well as turning off and on iCloud services.

25. KPOM macrumors G5

I think it is hit or miss and probably a carrier update issue. So far I have not noticed it using an AT&T SIM in a Verizon model (i.e. with the Qualcomm modem), but oddly some Verizon users are reporting issues.