Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the first official update to the iOS 10 operating system, just 10 days after releasing iOS 10 to the public and two days after seeding the first iOS 10.1 beta.

iOS 10.0.2 can be downloaded as an over-the-air update on all devices running iOS 10.

ios10-800x585.jpg

Today's update includes fixes for several minor bugs that have been discovered since the operating system was released.

A bug that caused the new Lightning EarPods designed for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus to stop working properly has been addressed. EarPods have been timing out after a short period of time when listening to music, rendering the remote unresponsive and unable to control volume, access Siri, and answer phone calls.

The update also resolves an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when activating iCloud Photo Library and fixes an issue that prevented enabling some app extensions.

iOS 10 is a major update that includes features like a redesigned Lock screen experience, a revamped Messages app with a full App Store, a Siri SDK for developers, new looks and features for Maps and Apple Music, and tons more.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 10.0.2 With Fixes for Headphone, Photos, and App Extension Bugs

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The update also resolves an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when activating iCloud Photo Library and fixes an issue that prevented enabling some app extensions.
That happened to me a couple of times too with the Photos app crashing. Glad they pushed a fix for it quickly.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Is your car paired to your phone via Bluetooth? It works for me.
Of course. It worked a while back in some of the betas but has since quite working. I have a theory its due to my connected car wifi.

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
Of course. It worked a while back in some of the betas but has since quite working. I have a theory its due to my connected car wifi.

Weird, if I ask Siri "Where did I park my car?" it opens Maps and shows the location.

shoorty0690

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
They need to add back the Siri function of setting reminders for emails. It works for everything else but emails... Its like one of 2 things I ever used Siri for...

CrystalQuest76

Suspended
Dec 14, 2015
West Cost A Lot
Does it fix the problem that i have with Keyboard Text replacements? On my iPad 2, my text replacement library disappeared when i upgraded to iOS 10. The list is fine on my iPhone 6 and Mac. I am able to add new entries on my iPhone or Mac and they synchronize back and forth with each other but the iPad seems to be entirely out of the synchronization loop. I have tried restarting the iPad as well as turning off and on iCloud services.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Any fix for the "no coverage" complete reception drop outs I get several times per day? It's possible this needs to come from the carrier, but I'm surprised no one has addressed this other than on Tmobile.
I think it is hit or miss and probably a carrier update issue. So far I have not noticed it using an AT&T SIM in a Verizon model (i.e. with the Qualcomm modem), but oddly some Verizon users are reporting issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.