Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released iOS 11.1.1, the sixth official update to the iOS 11 operating system. iOS 11.1.1 comes a week and a half after Apple released iOS 11.1, the first major update to iOS 11. iOS 11.1 introduced new emoji and included several important bug fixes.

The iOS 11.1.1 update can be downloaded for free on all eligible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the update, go to Settings --> General --> Software Update.

Today's update addresses bugs and issues that have been discovered since the release of iOS 11.1. The update fixes an irritating autocorrect bug that has been plaguing a growing number of users. The bug causes "i" to autocorrect to A[?], and is a problem that has been affecting users since the beginning of November.

20171106_082657.jpg

Apple addressed the autocorrect bug in the iOS 11.2 beta, but it has been spreading to more and more users and is not an issue that the company could wait to fix with iOS 11.2. Today's update also fixes a bug that could cause "Hey Siri" not to work.
iOS 11.1.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone or iPad. This update:

-Fixes an issue with keyboard auto-correct
-Fixes an issue where Hey Siri stops working
Apple's iOS 11 update, first introduced in September, brings a redesigned Lock screen experience, a customizable Control Center, a more natural Siri voice, a redesigned App Store, new HEVC and HEIF codecs for better photo and video efficiency, and an entirely overhauled interface for the iPad. For more info on all the new features in iOS 11, check out our iOS 11 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 11.1.1 Update With Fix for 'A[?]' Autocorrect Bug

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
At least hopefully that odd autocorrect issue will be done with.

ArneK

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
I think you have a spelling mistake in the title. It should be "With Fix For A Autoupdate Bug". There's a weird question mark after the "A" for me

dontworry

Suspended
Mar 18, 2010
I thought I was going crazy, "hey siri" worked in the morning but later that night it didn't work and found that it had been turned off.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
This bug was really unfortunate. Amongst coworkers and friends, this bug really annoyed people. Glad to see Apple is releasing the fix now and not waiting any longer.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Wow. SIX releases in just over a month. This obviously silences the last remaining few who were still arguing there was nothing wrong with the .0 public release. And what a pain for the casual user (not us) to constantly get bugged by updates, I know most of my non-tech geek friends hate it. They should have released a finished product to start with.

alansaysstop

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2009
Roseville
I just don't recall previous iOS major releases having this many bug releases following the initial drop. 11, 11.0.1, 11.0.2, 11.0.3, 11.1, now 11.1.1 and 11.2 coming in a few weeks. Seems just a wee bit excessive. Perhaps SW Quality just wasn't ready for the major iOS 11 release.

iPhone Software 3. There were a ton of updates for that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just don't recall previous iOS major releases having this many bug releases following the initial drop. 11, 11.0.1, 11.0.2, 11.0.3, 11.1, now 11.1.1 and 11.2 coming in a few weeks. Seems just a wee bit excessive. Perhaps SW Quality just wasn't ready for the major iOS 11 release.
Might want to look at iOS 10 from just a year ago.

Reactions: interessiert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.