Apple Releases iOS 11.1.1 Update With Fix for 'A[?]' Autocorrect Bug

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 9, 2017.

1. shijith macrumors newbie

shijith

--- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    wait !!! don't update. I updated my iphone 6s plus today a/n, by evening it was completely frozen. It is stuck at apple logo. I am trying the steps mentioned at : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Hopefully you'll recover from the issue you are experiencing. That said, doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with the update in general as it seems to work fine for most.

3. Elyphant macrumors regular

Elyphant

Did anyone else update and not get this fixed? Or is it that I’m just seeing it when OTHER people who have iPhones type the letter I? Lol. I can type it without the symbol popping up now but when I see other iPhone users type something on text or Facebook it shows the A and ? mark symbol still..

4. Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

The update would fix it for you. It doesn't change seeing what someone else wrote or writes.

6. S G macrumors member

I didn't have the bug on my iPhone SE but I now see it on my laptop that still run 10.13.6. In Messages, the I's are replaced by I️.

In the conversation, the I's appear like an A with stacked bars Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 9.02.17 PM.png while in the sidebar with the contact and last exchange, they appears as A's with a question mark... Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 9.04.27 PM.png

This is after I updated iOS to 11.1.1...

7. oddan macrumors newbie

oddan

well i just updated my iphone x to 11.1.1 and Guess WHAT my phone just stuck on logo screen hope they dont just release updates without even trying it for few days ... now i have to restore my phone again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BSben macrumors 6502a

It seems the Hey Siri bug is still there, it stopped working for me today on iPhone X despite the update

9. omihek macrumors regular

omihek

Just listing some facts. Not giving my opinion on them.

10. shijith macrumors newbie

shijith

Good to know that you have the same issue I faced. I had to restore ( lost two months data in that process ).
    --- Post Merged, Nov 12, 2017 ---
    I restored the phone and there is no issue after that for past 2 days.

11. neosupreeth macrumors newbie

3d touch to a conversation from messages doesnt take you to the converstaion. pointless 3D touch on ios11.

12. otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

A lot of what is being said is valid criticism, not knee-jerk trolling, but you seem happy to conflate the two.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like it's a peek option basically, with some quick replies available if you slide up.

14. omihek, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017

omihek macrumors regular

omihek

Not conflating anything. Valid complaining is still complaining. Why is it so important for you to prove that I'm doing anything more than just making a list?

15. otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

Criticising =/= complaining. And making a "list" of user behavior is about as dense as being unable to tell the two apart. Why is it so important to you to come up with a buzzfeed-y way to categorise users?

16. randomgeeza macrumors 6502

Yawn... Baaaaaaaah

17. omihek macrumors regular

omihek

You seem like the kind of person who needs to be right all the time. So guess what? I'll concede. You're right. We done?

18. rodneyroe macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Nov 15, 2017 ---
    All I can say about iOS 11 is that before the update I had an iPhone 6. It ran Super fast and had the Apple, streamline, sleak, operating system that I loved. After the update I now have a phone that “looks” like an iPhone but runs like an inexpensive android. The most annoying thing is typing and nothing happening for the first few words then all the sudden it catches up with what I am typing. Random words get capitalized for no apparent reason and some words are autocorrected to things that are not even close to what it should or even could be. It seems to me that Apple is attempting to shove all the unnessessary “gadgets” and “gizmos” on to the phone just like an overloaded android. All the things that are rarely, if ever, used. It’s not the sleak, streamline, OS that we love Apple for. Then that doesn’t even begin to address the battery glitch that I have and have read about. Where it runs down to less than 10% in no time at all then when I plug it in it jumps from 10% to 40% the second it’s plugged in. I would love the update that fixed a that.