Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michelb76

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2016
Will this update remove the need for a silent audiotrack when connecting to car bluetooth? and will this stop displaying the volume indicator over my content?

Reactions: Marekul and motm95

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
iPhone 8 and iPad 5th generation installed just fine. Will be doing my SE I keep as a backup here shortly.

Updated my SE, zero problems.

Last edited:

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
The update is also available on the homepods:

homepod12.2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dj64Mk7

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
That was a pretty rapid upgrade on my iPhone X.

Looking forward to the updated News+ application.

Love the little effect that they added to News+ on the ‘magazine’ header.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Everybody is so finicky... We all knew that the iPhone bubble was going to pop eventually. Upgrade cycles are slowing down Etc..Users complain that iOS isn’t up to snuff and buggy.(iOS 11). So Apple cleans it up with iOS 12. Releasing no big features. People complain..
Apple needs to innovate and evolve.. so they do.. users complain.
Apple can’t do anything to increase iPhone sales.. and they can do very little to increase Mac sales..
If apple doesn’t evolve to the services company as well as the hardware company. They will be like Nokia, like HTC, etc. and they will become a company that once was. But I commend them for stepping out of the comfort zone. And pushing the boundaries of what they do.. They’ve been laying the ground word for years. We just didn’t notice it

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
This update also includes other improvements and bug fixes. This update:
Displays a "5G E" icon for iPhone 8 and later

I think we need a third category in addition "other improvements" and "bug fixes". I'll hold my tongue on what I would call it.
[doublepost=1553543530][/doublepost]I have ATT on my iPhoneX and still shows LTE.

Reactions: eagleglen

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
I am not so sure. No OS update for Apple Watch announced yet and iu would have thought it would have needed an OS update to work with AirPower
Support for AirPower requires iOS 12.2. Period. And it is because of the Lock Screen enhancements for reporting charge levels from other devices.

Has nothing to do with the actual charging of the devices.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Ah great, now they moved stuff for no reason from the General->About screen.

Looks like Apple is copying Microsoft now...change for change sake.

SDJim

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2017
San Diego, CA
"- Displays a "5G E" icon for iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) or iPad Pro 11-inch indicating that users are in an area where AT&T's 5G Evolution network is available"

Apple's silence on this is either a result of them not wanting to ostracize a major carrier, which would be disappointing, or a result of some carryover from their early iPhone contract. Please let it be the latter, Timmy.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Everybody is so finicky... We all knew that the iPhone bubble was going to pop eventually. Upgrade cycles are slowing down Etc..Users complain that iOS isn’t up to snuff and buggy.(iOS 11). So Apple cleans it up with iOS 12. Releasing no big features. People complain..
Apple needs to innovate and evolve.. so they do.. users complain.
Apple can’t do anything to increase iPhone sales.. and they can do very little to increase Mac sales..
If apple doesn’t evolve to the services company as well as the hardware company. They will be like Nokia, like HTC, etc. and they will become a company that once was. But I commend them for stepping out of the comfort zone. And pushing the boundaries of what they do.. They’ve been laying the ground word for years. We just didn’t notice it

Is the Apple Watch outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is Apple Pay outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is the iTunes Store outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is Apple Music outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is the App Store outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is Apple Arcade outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is iBooks outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is Apple News+ outside Apple’s comfort zone?
Is TV+ in regard to offering subscriptions of existing streaming services outside Apple’s comfort zone?

The only thing I see here that is outside Apple’s comfort zone is producing their own content.

Reactions: decypher44
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.