Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
It's kinda ok.. My work iPad is 6th and I did install 17 on it and my work iPhone 13. The iPad was already getting a bit slow and I don't really use it much.. I've held off installing 17 on my personal devices.. My 2015 MBA isn't supported above Monterey and I'm leery of updating personal iPad and iPhone further fearing they may not work well together anymore. I may do it later in the year once it seems these bugs/security issues in 17 have been worked out.

Do install the iOS 16 updates apple is still releasing, though, for security. The latest is 16.7, just released on the same day as 17.0.1.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
So minor but not loving the new (to me) personalized recommendations section in the App Store updates section, which now forces one to scroll to see if you have apps awaiting updates.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Pandyone

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2021
So minor but not loving the new (to me) personalized recommendations section in the App Store updates section, which now forces one to scroll to see if you have apps awaiting updates.

That is new. And seems to have been pushed days after the update.

• Sad
Reactions: srbNYC

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
I've always used following approach: Press and hold the App Store icon. Choose the Updates option. In the screen that is shown, drag the display down to force a refresh of any available updates. This still works.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
Not that anyone would care, but I bit the bullet and went from the last "15.X" variants straight to 17.0.1. So far {knock on wood} everything is working great. That's on an iPhone13 Pro, whatever version of the 11" iPad Pro was being sold at the time, and Apple Watch 7.

98shubhamk

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2022
Mobile Data toggle is unresponsive in Control Centre.
IMG_8848.png

• Wow

dkh587

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2009
I’m curious if anybody is experiencing a bug with the brightness? It seems that when my brightness is turned all the way up, it won’t actually be at full brightness most of the time.

I can’t figure out what does it, but sometimes it will go to full brightness randomly, even though it’s already turned all the way up. I’ve noticed a decrease in visibility in direct sunlight.

I’ve noticed it on both 17.0 and 17.0.1

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Speaking of iOS 16.7, I have a new problem I can no longer use the Shazam app after listening to the music of Xia Ruiyuan song of Ink Lanting of Haven album.

I've tried deleting the app rebooting the device deleting the iCloud setting but every time I launch the app now it crashes but you can still use the Shazam in the control center.

I have an app like this on my Apple TV called Steppy pants I've deleted it reinstalled everything and it refuses to launch.

One positive note on my Apple TV HD is tvOS 17 now allows me to play games that were too slow of a frame rate like once upon a tower in tvOS 16, now it plays fine.

Maybe it'll go away overtime or something but what a pain.

Apparently Shazam does not like to listen to other country's Apple music stores. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.