Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aerisdies

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2021
Kiel Hyre Academy
I hope they always release their complete release changelogs, not just a generic "This update introduces etc etc".
Like:
-- added xyz
-- fixed CVE 123
-- changed x from 1 to 2

something like that so we're not guessing things again and again ugh

Reactions: ThaRuler

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Having trouble accessing my local servers on my network after updating.
After entering a manual dns server it fixes local network but breaks cellular. Switched it back to automatic dns and cellular works but breaks local network.
Been using dual networks since iPhone 4, today they broke it. Toggling cellular data off and on works around it.
Frustrating how they break things o_O

Last edited:

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
So tired of giant updates. I have 16.5GB free on my 64GB iPad Air and the iPad says the download is too big and won't update. Why the hell does Apple sell a 64GB device if when only moderately full it fails to update? The update LITERALLY says it is 1.44GB.

"Unable to Download Update. There is insufficient space to download the update."
As others have mentioned it 1.44GB is compressed... it needs to expand the update and then back up your current iOS before applying so it can roll back if anything fails and all that needs storage space... That said I'm sure on previous versions it used to offer the option to offload apps to clear space to allow the update to install and then redownload the offloaded apps once it was complete. I guess that depends how much of your consumed storage is app downloads and how much is media that it can't offload.

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
Updated via my Mac M2 Pro 16/1TB. A 7.99GB update and my 1TB 14 Pro is running just fine it seems, that's a first.

Silver78

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
It did not fix safari fullscreen mid screen notification and now periodically top bar is showing an overlay from the page below the full screen ..in this case youtube wanting you to open the app

IMG_0117.jpeg IMG_0119.jpeg

Reactions: NMBob

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
I never had Bluetooth issues until yesterday, until this update 15 Pro Max and Series 8. My watch doesn’t ring or unlock. My yealink wh66 disconnects when it’s never done that before.

jonen

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2019
Decided to update to 17.4 yesterday morning and then spent all day with no cellular functionality. Finally got around to doing a factory reset after a fresh backup... to then hear about 17.4.1. Luckily it did end up fixing my cellular issue, but I'll never be updating to even a minor revision again...

lonesoul

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
Anyone experiencing wifi issues on 15PM with this release? Everything is sluggish to load, works fine on mobile data. The only workaround I found is to forget the existing wifi network and reconnect.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68020
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
I have an iPhone XR and I don’t own an Apple Watch. I’m still on 17.3.1 and I don’t see any compelling reason to update yet.

Can anyone provide me compelling rationale on why I should update?

Last edited:

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
after the update i still i see it on all my devices
It goes away on my iPad when I plug the Lightning cable into my MacBook. It does not go away when I plug it into the charging brick. It is there when running on battery. All while still on the WiFi network. Never noticed that. Same for my ol' iPhone SE with 15.8.2.

Matsamoto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
After the update to 17.4.1 my iPad Pro 11 2020 disconnects from my 5Ghz Wi-FI constantly.
Only today this happened 3 times, and the day isn’t over yet…

And no, it’s not my router, because I have a pretty bad working phone, a Samsung A30 that also uses 5GHz Wi-Fi, and it never disconnects.
And also, the iPad haven’t got this issue on 17.4.

skardvin

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2015
After the update to 17.4.1 my iPad Pro 11 2020 disconnects from my 5Ghz Wi-FI constantly.

And no, it’s not my router, because I have a pretty bad working phone, a Samsung A30 that also uses 5GHz Wi-Fi, and it never disconnects.
Did you try resetting your network settings?

Reactions: srbNYC

kim221

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2013
I wonder if this will fix my iPhone 12 mini. Been stuck in Recovery ever since I tried to update from 17.3.1 to 17.4. Not even DFU restore fixed it.
Edit: same issue :-(
I hope the baseband isn’t ****ed up. Otherwise you’ll have to buy a new one.

MartyvH

Contributor
Sep 16, 2017

Same problem on my iPad Pro 11 2021 and iPhone 13 mini! The Wi-Fi flicks off and on every 10-30 seconds and I have to coax it to connect again.

I reset network settings on both and the problem remains. Every other Wi-Fi device in the house is fine. We watched Netflix tonight over Wi-Fi on the Google TV.

Now it says the password is incorrect and flat out refuses to connect. It is correct and I even brought it close to my dad’s 12 mini on 17.3.1 to transfer the Wi-Fi password and it still says incorrect!

I’m downloading 17.4 for iPhone right now in order to downgrade. Will download it for my iPad tomorrow but I only have tomorrow to do it before Apple stops signing it on Thursday (7 days after release).

I’m going back to waiting for a while before updating. This time I was very quick to install this update. Grrr

Reactions: Matsamoto

UliBaer

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2024
Germany
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.